Author Topic: Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump  (Read 14112 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Stewart Warner 240A fuel pump
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2020, 10:45:19 AM »
  I still run one in conjunction with a Carter Nascar pump up front. The unique thing about a 240A pump is that fuel will flow through it with the pump "off". I have run with it on and off and without it in the system at all. It makes about a +1 MPH difference when on so I keep it , using  it in high gear when fuel demand is critical. That's one good thing about drag racing , it tells you via the time slip if your modifications help or hurt.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pbf777

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2020, 11:24:43 AM »
   I have run with it on and off and without it in the system at all. It makes about a +1 MPH difference when on so I keep it , using  it in high gear when fuel demand is critical. That's one good thing about drag racing , it tells you via the time slip if your modifications help or hurt.
   Randy

I think that means your using 110% of your fuel delivery capacity without it, and I'm sure you know, that could prove to be one of the bad things about drag racing,.......when your told you hurt something!       :'(

And yeah, they're old technology, but they have proven do work reliably (if you have a good one) and if applied in a reasonable application and with a proper execution of installation they can provide that which may be required, and still impart the nostalgic presentation one might desire.         8)     

Scott.

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2020, 12:54:46 PM »
One thing you don't find on my car is "bells and whistles". Vintage and stealth is how I roll. 240A fits my image LOL. If I don't lift the hood , everyone thinks I have an LS , LMAO.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.