News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Length of carb stud for early tall air filters

Started by CharlesTurner, August 11, 2020, 11:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Does anyone know what the correct length is for the carb stud used on very early cars with large air filters?

Thanks
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CharlesTurner on August 11, 2020, 11:22:29 PM
Does anyone know what the correct length is for the carb stud used on very early cars with large air filters?

Thanks
I think you mean large taller filter. If all else fails take the proportions of the typical stud used with the hipo filter and upsize it by the differance in the amount on the taller filter.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 12, 2020, 01:34:25 AM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on August 11, 2020, 11:22:29 PM

Thanks
I think you mean large taller filter. If all else fails take the proportions of the typical stud used with the hipo filter and upsize it by the differance in the amount on the taller filter.

Right, taller.  I don't have the filter here, so thought someone might know the correct stud length.  It's about 1 inch or so longer.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge