News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Peterson archive

Started by Clone65, August 12, 2020, 01:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clone65

Any idea what may be going on here. From Peterson Archive collection. Just curious.

JohnHouston

Is that Pete Brock?  Looks like a mock up R valence.  Haven't seen the slippery lights before, though . . .

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Richstang

Yes that is Peter Brock.

They were laying clay for molds of clear covers for use on the team's R model.
I've only seen them used on 5r001 at one SCCA race...Riverside October 30, 1965.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Clone65

Thanks.... good info... old pictures are neat and raise a lot of questions always good to find answers and other pictures. Zagato mustang raises even more... dont know that I have ever heard of one.

Harris Speedster

Cool that the picture has Brock in it. Archival items turn up when a person least expects it.

Zagato made many styling changes to many different makes and models.
I think one that sticks out is the Zagoto designed Double Bubble Alfa Romeo car.
Very handsome and aggressive looking
Most Zagoto designs were quite stunning, IMO, this shelby is not one of his finer designs though.

I think Pebble had a specail Zagoto class a year or two ago, His son has picked up on designing now.

Scaglione, the designer of the 3 BAT Alfa's was another great designer. Many Ferrari;s and assited in Intermeccanica Torino's & Italia's.
The BAT Alfa cars toured the country in a reunion of sorts for a year, maybe 7 years ago now.
Ben Harris , builder of my Speedster, owned one, he purchased it from his good friend Wacky S.H. Arnolt, >.  Arnolt Aston Martins, Arnolt Bristols etc,
regards,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

gt350hr

Quote from: Richstang on August 12, 2020, 02:31:54 PM
Yes that is Peter Brock.

They were laying clay for molds of clear covers for use on the team's R model.
I've only seen them used on 5r001 at one SCCA race...Riverside October 30, 1965.

IIRC the covers were outlawed immediately after the race.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Clone65

Do you know why?? Just curious... thanks for all the info.

gt350hr

IIRC they weren't in the original homologation papers.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Clone65

Thanks Randy.... that makes sense.

Side-Oilers

Neat pix and history from the era when race car designers wore dress shirts, ties and loafers.

BTW: It's "Petersen"...not "Peterson." 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Szabo

Hello,

i found 2 other Pics on the side which shown this Clay Form Thing on the GT350R

Like allways i want to explore where the Pics are made and because of Wood Lumberyard it is clear
that was taken in the front parking lot of Carter Avenue...

not much hide and seek prototype like theseadays, just in the front parking lot bevor the shop :-D

Best Regards

Stephan from Germany

sfm5

No Cobra oil pan of grill emblem.
65 GT350

Bob Gaines

Quote from: sfm5 on September 08, 2020, 08:27:57 PM
No Cobra oil pan of grill emblem.
That is because it has the Aviad sheetmetal pan that many competition cars used.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless