News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Posting pictures

Started by gjz30075, January 20, 2018, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gjz30075

So, I posted a pic of my 66 in the 'post pictures' thread and the pic came from my computer.   It's small and requires one to click on
it to enlarge.    As I remember, on the old forum, those are the kind that go black after a while.     I also see quite large pics that have
been posted and  don't require one to click on it and they look great.    For those of you doing this, are the pics on a hosting site?    What site(s) are you using?
Greg Z
6S2249

Shelby_r_b

Hey Greg - I was able to post my pictures by posting them as attachments. Not only does this allow for the picture to get bigger in the original post, but it looks like you can click on the link below the pic and see a full sized original. Very cool!

And, it looks like we don't have to fight with the size of the picture file, as I'm now able to upload pics directly from my phone. Before, I had to edit the file size of the picture before posting.
Nothing beats a classic!

computerworks

We installed an automatic image resizer for attachments... that will help a lot.

We also are working on an additional Photo Gallery for image hosting and linking to posts...stay tuned.

Don Johnston

Anything that bypasses photo hosting sites and charges would be great. Thanks.

gjz30075

Sounds good, guys!     Thanks!
Greg Z
6S2249

gjz30075

Greg Z
6S2249

jguyer

Is it my imagination or do the attached pictures not show up if you are not logged in?
"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

67_1183

Quote from: jguyer on February 01, 2018, 06:21:18 PM
Is it my imagination or do the attached pictures not show up if you are not logged in?

That seems to be the case for attached pictures.  Embedded/linked pictures - yes, attached - no, unless logged in.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Shelby_r_b

So, I was able to attach pictures as "attachments" for the first couple of weeks to different threads.  However, now I can't get pictures to attach - it looks like it's trying to attach, but then the progress bar stops.

I've also tried to attach per the instructions below; however, I'm running into the same issue (progress bar freezes and the pictures won't attach).

Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, how are you working around the issue?

Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: computerworks on January 21, 2018, 01:52:08 PM
Check here...

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=206.0

Sorry - this link showing the instructions for which I'm trying to follow to add pictures to my gallery, and eventually to different threads.

Please help  :P
Nothing beats a classic!

Richstang

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 03, 2018, 11:05:44 PM
So, I was able to attach pictures as "attachments" for the first couple of weeks to different threads.  However, now I can't get pictures to attach - it looks like it's trying to attach, but then the progress bar stops.

I've also tried to attach per the instructions below; however, I'm running into the same issue (progress bar freezes and the pictures won't attach).

Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, how are you working around the issue?

Thanks!

I just tried adding a photo as an attachment and it worked great. Maybe they were working on the upgrade when you tried it.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on February 03, 2018, 11:07:09 PM
Quote from: computerworks on January 21, 2018, 01:52:08 PM
Check here...

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=206.0

Sorry - this link showing the instructions for which I'm trying to follow to add pictures to my gallery, and eventually to different threads.

Please help  :P

No trouble today adding photos to "My Gallery" and adding BB code to a thread either.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

jk66gt350

I had no issues adding some pictures to my gallery earlier today but have tried to attach one or two pictures to a note a couple of times and have had no luck.  They do not seem to upload and when I click on preview to see if anything is there, nothing happens.