News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Looking for a picture of the left engine bay apron on 68KR convertible

Started by nvr-enuf, August 31, 2020, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvr-enuf

Hello everyone - redoing the wiring in a recently purchased 68KR 4 speed convert and would like to attach the junction blocks correctly up by the battery.  If anyone has a picture of the correct wire routing and junction blocks (my car has 2 which I do not know is correct) I would really appreciate it. 

I looked at the best Shelby site (love the website) and found some good pics but didn't find detailed enough

I think the key is to look at a convertible kr - I don't know if non A/C or being a 4 speed is important

Thanks ahead of time

Sas

68blk500c

You should refer to the '68 Electrical Assembly Manual. as well.

Lower single post block for convertible only; hot wire (black) plus fused link wire.

Bob Gaines

To add to the previous informative post , a line drawing of the Shelby unique terminal block which is wired one way . The additional and also present on a Shelby convert is the terminal block for the convertible top power . It is wired like a regular Mustang convertible. Information on wiring can be found as mentioned in the electrical volume of the 68 assemblyling manuals.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

69mach351w

Just for clarification in the future, and possible mistake when parts hunting, the left side of the car is the driver's side.  Always remember that as if you were sitting in the car, not standing in front of it.

Left side-Driver's side.
Right side-Passenger side. ;)