News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT500, no. 812, eBay.

Started by BGlover67, August 23, 2020, 02:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

Not mine, $299k is wishful thinking I imagine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang/283984478826?hash=item421ecb426a%3Ag%3Att4AAOSwahFfHH3S&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C1000%7C2500

Vehicle Description
1967 SHELBY GT500

This 1967 Shelby fastback is one of 2,048 of the first GT500s built by SHELBY. It was completed on January 20, 1967 and shipped January 23, 1967 to Hayward Motors in Hayward, CA. This car tracks its history of the last 9 owners as shown in the Shelby registry. This fastback was inspected before undergoing a complete rotisserie restoration to factory specifications. Looking as it did back in July 1967. It rides on its correct Shelby 10 spoke factory aluminum wheels and Goodyear Polyglass tires with a matching spare. The interior features the correct Shelby gauges, shoulder harnesses, an original wood steering wheel and an AM radio. It is powered by a 428/355hp V8 Police Interceptor engine mated to its original 4 Speed Manual transmission; This car has documented ownership history in the SAAC registry tracking the 9 owners over the last 53 years.
Shelby fitted the new GT500 model with an integrated roll bar, inboard fog lights and Cougar-sourced sequential taillights. This Shelby is finished in its original dark moss green with the white LeMans stripe. Because this car was ordered as a California car the High beam lights were changed to an outboard high beam along with the Thermactor addition for smog control. This car is documented with copies of its dealer work orders, Shelby documentation and its original Owner's Manual, along with a deluxe Marti Report.
The model year 1967 was the first year Carroll Shelby called for significant modifications to the Mustang's exterior design, insisting on a longer nose to differentiate his GTs from the factory cars. Doing so required the use of fiberglass parts that were notoriously ill-fitting, That year was also the first time Ford redesigned the Mustang, giving it, among other changes, a bigger engine bay to (finally) accommodate a big-block option. While Ford offered its 390, the Shelby American team upped the ante by putting the 428 CI Police Interceptor V-8 and the Duel 4 barrel carburetors in the newly minted Mustang GT500.
This car's original matching-numbers engine—fed by dual 600 CFM carburetors and venting waste gases through an original Thermactor exhaust system—is paired with a Toploader 4-speed manual transmission. The Shelby is finished in its paint code Ford #2039-A, Dark Moss Green and a white stripe color scheme, The high-beams mounted outboard on the grille indicate a design change for cars built in 1967. Inside, much of the car's original black interior was retained during its restoration. Documentation that comes with the GT500 includes some original dealer work orders the Shelby American automotive report and a Deluxe Marti Report, along with the original owner's manual.

HIGHLIGHTS
• Shelby no. 812
• Delivered new to Hayward Motors, Hayward CA.
• Ownership History- 9 owner history inc.
• Salt Lake City- AutoRama 2020- First Place Award
• GoodGuys Salt Lake Nationals - Award of Excellence
• GoodGuys Salt Lake Nationals - Best Ford in a Ford 2020
• Listed in the Shelby Registry
• Less than 100 miles on restoration
• Original 428 Police Interceptor engine
• Dual 600 CFM 4-barrel carburetors
• Toploader 4-speed transmission
• Dark Moss Green # 2039-A with White stripes
• Mostly original Black interior
• Outboard High beam lamps
• Thermactor exhaust system
• Deluxe Marti Report

This is an auction we will be happy to consider offers but will not specify a reserve at this time, however I will provide sold comparisons if you would like. Please feel free to email or call for any additional information
Sales@
1-844-747-7587
Vehicle Warranty
This Vehicle is being sold as-is
Terms and Conditions
Payment Options
We accept the following payment methods:
- Cashier's Check/money order
Vehicle Pickup & Shipping
All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility.
Finance, Warranty, Shipping question?
Call the dealer at (844) 747-7587
General Terms
Notice to Bidders: The vehicles we list for sale at eBay are also for sale at our retail location. Please contact us to confirm vehicle availability.

We reserve the right to end an auction early. Deposit: We require a non-refundable $500 deposit within 48 hours of winning the auction. Please call to make arrangements for payment. We accept the following forms of payment: Cash in person, certified funds, institutional financing. All sales transactions must be completed within 7 calendar days of auction close.

Prices are subject to change without notice. Although every effort is made to present accurate and reliable vehicle information, use of this information is voluntary, and should only be deemed reliable after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify the existence of options, accessories and the vehicle condition before time of sale. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to time of sale. No expressed or implied warranties, including the availability or condition of the equipment listed is made. EPA mileage estimates are for comparison purposes only. Actual mileage may vary depending on driving conditions, driving habits, and vehicle maintenance.
Fees and Taxes
State or local taxes, title, license fee, processing fees, registration fee, dealer documentary fee, finance charges, emission testing fees, and compliance fees are additional to the advertised price.[/size]

Buy It Now: $299,999.00

Bid to $99,700 Reserve Not Met (9 bids with 3 days left).
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

It appears someone went through some effort to detail the car to a level of originality.Then they are compelled to paint Lemans stripes on it. I don't get that part?

I don't think 299 is obtainable at this moment but 250 might be.

Boss '9s are definitely trading for around that amount.

I don't get how with a few cars the market gets flooded?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

I just looked it up in the registry, shipped date is advertised wrong.  Should be July 2, 1967, which would explain the outboards, or is it because it was destined for California?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

If it had shipped out that late (July), should it have a Z stamp?

greekz

Also, the completed date is incorrect.  Should be April 28, 1967.  Do not recall when "Z's" started appearing.  Outboards could be because it is a big block.  My car is #2339, completed May 23, 1967, has inboards, and is a small block with a "Z".
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

67 GT350

"Wasted away in RE-LIST-VILLE, looking for a lost shaker of salt..."
RARE  Signature Delete

Richstang

There is some thing is off with this eBay listing and I figured out what it is.

The side view photo (3rd one posted on eBay is not #0812! It is actually from #1997 which was listed on Mecum in 2016 at Houston.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/HA0416-242050/1967-shelby-gt500-fastback/ 
Notice that photo shows the tires with "Firestone" letters on the top and bottom. All the other photos only have the "Goodyear" lettering on one side.

This car was listed on Barrett-Jackson last January and pulled before the auction. I don't know why.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-SHELBY-GT500-FASTBACK-226042

It was listed elsewhere on the internet, maybe a few weeks back.
https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1967/ford/mustang/101355263

The BIN price is going to chase away most potential buyers anyway. Although we don't know what the reserve is.
Anyone interested in it would be wise to ask a lot of questions and if still serious absolutely get it inspected by a known '67 Shelby expert.

greekz,
The Z stamping appears to have started on 4/27/67 as cars from 4/26 do not have them. This car should have it, but was missed for some reason. We know there are a handful of other exceptions.

I believe the SAI completion date (4/28/67) is too early for outboards. My research suggests they started adding them in May. It's too close to call it here either way though.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

greekz

Richstang, thanks for the clarification on the "Z" stamping and outboards.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

Royce Peterson

Baby blue paint on the engine parts is odd. I think the BIN is way high given the issues seen. Most cars look better in photos than in person.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

68krrrr

Definitely pics of two different cars in the listing in the Firestone tire pics it has the correct 67 side stripes ,but in the rest of the pics it has the incorrect 68 side stripes & that BJ listing shows #812 but it has inboards something smells fishy for sure .
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam