News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CREATIVE MASTERS 1:18 1965 SHELBY

Started by Rodster-500, August 17, 2020, 09:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 17, 2020, 10:27:27 PM
Quote from: KerryBWhite on August 17, 2020, 09:21:20 PM
how about this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254686969648
You will have to repaint the engine if you ever want to show it in concours  ;) :D

Is that an original Monte Carlo bar? Looks like a repro to me?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: papa scoops on August 18, 2020, 03:08:32 AM
i bought  the three original ones for around $25 each, thought 1/20 cwas weird scale, they wre going to issue more, but i think the company went under, but came back several years later and made the cobra and gt 350 again, but i don't think the gt40 made it. phred

That's my understanding as well. The old and new boxes they came in look very different.
Nothing beats a classic!

shelbydoug

Probably the original boxes will be as valuable as the car is? That's pretty consistent with collectables generally anyway?

Is the Hertz car first or second generation? Anyone have a picture of it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

8T03S1425

A little while ago, I bought this from one of the oldest young guys we'll ever know. Did I get that right Vern?

It may not be Creative Masters model, but I like it. It's a flawed model. The box shows the car as being a GT350H, but the car has no H. Actually, thinking back, it's a real life representation of the GT350H. Many Hs were removed from the stripe by whom ever bought the car from Hertz. Nobody wanted to be caught owning a former rental car.

Is there a quality hierarchy with these models? Creative Masters vs Acme vs Lane vs Exoto, etc.

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 8T03S1425 on August 18, 2020, 03:46:57 PM
A little while ago, I bought this from one of the oldest young guys we'll ever know. Did I get that right Vern?

It may not be Creative Masters model, but I like it. It's a flawed model. The box shows the car as being a GT350H, but the car has no H. Actually, thinking back, it's a real life representation of the GT350H. Many Hs were removed from the stripe by whom ever bought the car from Hertz. Nobody wanted to be caught owning a former rental car.

Is there a quality hierarchy with these models? Creative Masters vs Acme vs Lane vs Exoto, etc.

Steve
AKA babymaker Vern in theses parts.  ;D I
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rodster-500

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 17, 2020, 10:27:27 PM
You will have to repaint the engine if you ever want to show it in concours  ;) :D

That was always one of the issues with an otherwise nicely detailed car. There was a rumor that some cars got the correct color but I've never seen one.  A simple engine pull and paint will fix that.  ;)

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 18, 2020, 08:57:29 AM
Probably the original boxes will be as valuable as the car is? That's pretty consistent with collectables generally anyway?

Is the Hertz car first or second generation? Anyone have a picture of it?

Don't know what generation but a pic courtesy of fleebay.