Author Topic: CSX 20XX for sale in Hemmings Motor News  (Read 1724 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
CSX 20XX for sale in Hemmings Motor News
« on: March 17, 2018, 03:19:09 PM »
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/shelby/csx/1760383.html

Can anyone tell me what number this Cobra is?  It's an early one with a 260.

Stock #: 50332
Transmission: Manual
Condition: Excellent

Seller’s Description: This stunning, black on black original Shelby Cobra CSX20XX is one of the first Cobras built by Shelby American in 1962. It is equipped with the original 260 C. I. V8 engine, the original differential and the original aluminum case T10 Borg Warner four speed transmission. All the other components are either refurbished originals or NOS. Well over $100,000 was invested in the restoration.

This beautifully restored slab side Cobra is 100% correct, right down to the windshield squirter nozzles. During inspection, the only non-correct component we noted was the VIN tag, which was installed so that the car could be registered in Texas. It is a correct VIN tag, but for a later model slab side Cobra (built after CSX2125.)

The current owner of this 1962 Cobra has owned it since the 1970’s. The car was a bit dusty the day we took the pictures, but the black paint is stunning. It is an excellent, highly detailed restoration. Sometime during its life, it was painted red, but it was repainted the correct black color during the restoration.

This authentic Shelby Cobra can be purchased for $1,150,000 US. With Cobra values on the rise, this is an excellent investment.
Price: $1,150,000

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

SunDude

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: CSX 20XX for sale in Hemmings Motor News
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
CSX2061
Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
Re: CSX 20XX for sale in Hemmings Motor News
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »
Looks like they did not get the "message" about the proper body designation?  ::)  ... or was that lost with the "old forum"?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird