Author Topic: Incredible 1968 GT 500 KR for sale  (Read 668 times)

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts: 10,264
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Incredible 1968 GT 500 KR for sale
« on: September 03, 2020, 06:47:15 AM »
osted for the owner:

1968 GT500KR #4410, numbers matching, top award winning, 4 speed, AC, Texas Car

I have owned #4410 for 19 years. It is an original Texas car purchased in Austin and the previous owner had it from early in the 80s in Round Rock just North of Austin. After enjoying and driving it for 4 years I had it completely redone over the next 7-8 years. There are quite a few experts in the SAAC community who participated in judging the car at the MCA meet in 2011 in Des Moines (Concours Trailered Gold), at SAAC-37 in 2012 in Watkins Glen (Concours Gold Division 2) and at Mid America Ford Meet in 2014 in Tulsa (Heritage Gold – Concours Heritage Class) making it a “triple crown winner” http://www.thecoralsnake.com/Triples . The work was done by the most trusted expert I know of (and now what I consider a great friend, thanks again Pete) and whenever a question arose we went with the most original and correct option possible. I have decided it is time for someone else to enjoy it. I am listing it on the SAAC forum in hopes that there is an enthusiast or friend of an enthusiast that is looking for a car that is complete and correct and has been judged repeatedly by groups of judges (of organizations which I believe represent the true enthusiasts). I have a book of documentation of the restoration. The overview can also be read about and seen on “the coralsnake” website at: http://www.thecoralsnake.com/History14. The car is a number matching car (frame, engine, drive train) and is the original Highland Green. The interior was in great condition and much of it is original and unrestored (due to the great condition it was in). I would be happy to answer questions. I plan to list it to a wider group but wanted to share it with the Shelby world first in hopes it would end up with a good home.

Updated with correct black side wall tires. This car is investment quality throughout.

$205,000  Coralsnake68@hotmail.com for contact information

Shelby researcher, theCoralsnake.com webmaster, Conelec CEO