News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT500 KR Rare Special Orange Paint | 428 Cobra Jet 4-Speed

Started by BGlover67, August 18, 2020, 12:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Dating site or not there are just some things that are better left unsaid. Over the years we have all had some incident that left us, with a should I say something or leave it alone. Like if your with some friends and buddy sharts himself, true story there.. do I say something or leave it alone. He had a large brown stain on his pants and I could not tell him, no other friends did either! He later said he was having some issues so we knew he was aware of things... Same can be said for ANY misgivings someone has with their cars. They are not asking for anyone to be an armchair quarterback, or asking for some ones negative overview they are just trying to sell their car! Over many decades of watching interactions with people and their cars one that got my attention was that the ones that condemned the loudest and longest of every ones cars, Hated when people said something about them and their rides. It is not a one way street... For every action there is a reaction.  Science 1 ooh 1

Greg

Quote from: 427heaven on August 20, 2020, 07:59:05 PM
Dating site or not there are just some things that are better left unsaid. Over the years we have all had some incident that left us, with a should I say something or leave it alone. Like if your with some friends and buddy sharts himself, true story there.. do I say something or leave it alone. He had a large brown stain on his pants and I could not tell him, no other friends did either! He later said he was having some issues so we knew he was aware of things... Same can be said for ANY misgivings someone has with their cars. They are not asking for anyone to be an armchair quarterback, or asking for some ones negative overview they are just trying to sell their car! Over many decades of watching interactions with people and their cars one that got my attention was that the ones that condemned the loudest and longest of every ones cars, Hated when people said something about them and their rides. It is not a one way street... For every action there is a reaction.  Science 1 ooh 1

I think you are off the mark on this.  This is a site about Shelby's and all that are presented can and will be used for educational purposes. 

I for one appreciate all the comments and I have posted things on this site and welcomed the comments.  Did I get my feelings hurt because something wasn't right, no way.  They aren't criticisms unless you are a person that wants to hide or cover something up because you are afraid it will hurt the value of your car. 

If a person wants to just show their car, go to FB and beat your chest all you want and you will get Ohhs and Ahhs.  I for one want to be informed by the best people on the planet that know Shelbys and guess what, they frequent this site. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Corey Bowcutt

Quote from: Greg on August 21, 2020, 10:15:35 AM
Quote from: 427heaven on August 20, 2020, 07:59:05 PM

I think you are off the mark on this.  This is a site about Shelby's and all that are presented can and will be used for educational purposes. 

I for one appreciate all the comments and I have posted things on this site and welcomed the comments.  Did I get my feelings hurt because something wasn't right, no way.  They aren't criticisms unless you are a person that wants to hide or cover something up because you are afraid it will hurt the value of your car. 

If a person wants to just show their car, go to FB and beat your chest all you want and you will get Ohhs and Ahhs.  I for one want to be informed by the best people on the planet that know Shelbys and guess what, they frequent this site.

I could not agree more.

Corey

Coralsnake

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 20, 2020, 07:02:39 AM
Everyone here (with a few exceptions) is well intentioned

Unfortunately "pointing out details" is interpreted as "picking a car apart" in some people's minds.

So, I am not sure where the happy medium is?

Happy to help out, through private emails or anyway possible. I am able and willing to point out the details
When doing my first and only 68 Shelby resto I started on another Ford Forum before SAAC Version 1 was born. A few like Pete were very helpful on doing my 68 from a bought disassembled shell with a lot of parts and also missing parts even though I color changed it. Well this info hopefully will serve me well if I become the caretaker of a one owner 30K original mile original paint(not in good shape) 68 GT500 4 speed car. My friend's uncle bought the car new in 1968 as a 17 year old. Parked since 73. His uncle thinks I would be the perfect person he knows to restore the car as he knows he will never do it. I think pointing out the details is OK and no one should get hurt over that. Hey, on my 70 if something is incorrect I want to know. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

TedS

Shelbymann1970
I think the journey of your 68 is worthy of a forum thread all it's own should you wish to start one. Past history and future work would be interesting to follow.

Ted