News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT500 Broken dipstick

Started by charlie D, August 22, 2020, 06:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: charlie D on September 12, 2020, 08:12:29 AM
Back together again after dropping the oil pan. It was surprisingly not gunked up. There were multiple pieces of broken dipstick. I suspect when the first one broke and I thought the broken part was fished out, there were actually more pieces. Anyway, when the dipstick(s) broke, they did so in multiple pieces. With the pan off and a new dipstick in place, it is really close to the crank. So close that maybe just some vibration would let it hit? I am using the short broken dipstick to cap off the tube and the replacement one to check the oil. Don't want to go through this again. Replaced the pan at the same time as the original had a nice big dent near the drain plug--don't remember how that happened, but it is the wife's car...
Charlie D

Well, the Police motorcycle is very sturdy. When you drive over it, it won't break. it will leave dents though. Not so much for the cop. He just squishes up.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!