Author Topic: Photo hosting  (Read 3367 times)

gt350shelb

• View Profile
Photo hosting
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »
 So we can avoid the photobucket black box  issue . Anyone have free  hosting site that they are happy with  ?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Photo hosting
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
So we can avoid the photobucket black box  issue . Anyone have free  hosting site that they are happy with  ?
right now photobucket worked yesterday and the image is still there on the post a picture topic. Also  my photobucket hosting never went away on the 428CJ forum. Only on the SAAC forum. Here is a pic I just posted. I wonder if they will shut it down again?

Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
I'm testing this now.    When PB had the $399 fiasco some months ago, I couldn't sign in and couldn't access my pictures.   Now, for whatever
reason, I'm able to sign in and access my pics.   So, as a test, I picked this picture (screen shot shown) but any url 'copy' doesn't seem to
work.   Maybe on on the wrong page.    Shelbymann1970,  what did you do to get your picture shown here, ie, where do I go from here?
Greg Z
6S2249

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 12:21:22 PM »
Photobucket could have been laughing all the way to the bank with a $29 or $39 per year fee.

It was obviously a disaster as they came back asking for $119 instead of $399. Still too high and most users have already  sworn them off. Even using their site has been miserable for some time.

Good lesson on how to NOT transition your free site to a paid service site.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:32:01 PM by 2112 »

gt350shelb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »
Photo bucket did screw up ....... all my saved photos are  still there and will be backed up to safe place  they will never get a nickle  from me after that fiasco .

at this point they block me from hot linking the 12000 photos
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:01:50 PM by gt350shelb »
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »

at this point they block me from hot linking the 12000 photos

I don't know if it is all the spam on the site or what, but I can hardly get my pictures to even come up on screen.

I tried to buy a membership before the whole debacle and could never even get that information to go thru due to flaws or spam etc.

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
photobucket is at it again. See my pic now ar reply #1. Frozen my account as I am over 25MB of sharing(new rules) so pics blurry with photobucket image on it. New owners lately trying to squeeze longtime users. I'm done totally with the site. Trying to remove pics off of their site and the pages keep refreshing also. Anyone have site that can host pics that we can "image" to SAAC forum? I never had luck uploading pics. Gary
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:33:47 PM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »

If you create a gmail account, you can use Google Photos for free. It works quite well for me. It doesn't have the fancy links and stuff right there for you, but you can right click on the photo and use that link to insert a photo in a post. With some basic knowledge, you can adjust the size.

The best part is there are no ads!
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »
when photo bucket first tried to strong arm us into their new price proposition, we knew the writing was on the wall.

before they started to play games, timing out , delaying, transferring you to another page like someone already mentioned  when you attempted to transfer your own pictures.  we downloaded all our pictures  into our drive and wished photo bucket goodbye!

the saac system works well and we continue to have our own back up system

Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »
when photo bucket first tried to strong arm us into their new price proposition, we knew the writing was on the wall.

before they started to play games, timing out , delaying, transferring you to another page like someone already mentioned  when you attempted to transfer your own pictures.  we downloaded all our pictures  into our drive and wished photo bucket goodbye!

the saac system works well and we continue to have our own back up system
I will have to learn the SAAC sytem as I have never used it and need to now. Their email said I was over their 25MB limit. WTF? When I put my 68 Shelby on Ebay I passed their 10GB-yes 10GB max 6 years ago and had to create a new user name to sell the 68 as I HTML a LOT of pics into my Ebay ad. I have been trying to backup all my pics from photobucket on this CPU I am using but it is a joke with the page refreshing all the time and going blank and they expect people to pay for that type of lagging BS? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 08:37:03 AM »
When PB started being hard to view easily I started using Fototime.  I've found it user friendly.
The free storage space isn't all that large but the annual fee for more space is reasonable.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
When PB started being hard to view easily I started using Fototime.  I've found it user friendly.
The free storage space isn't all that large but the annual fee for more space is reasonable.
Thanks, I'll check them out. PB is EXTREMELY hard to view for a long time now. pages keep refreshing and that is irritating. I wonder if it does that to paid subscribers? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990