Author Topic: On the hook, again  (Read 3518 times)

1109RWHP

• View Profile
Re: On the hook, again
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 11:18:27 PM »
If that was the case you would be able to two foot it and keep it running.

rhjanes

• R "Junior" Janes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »
If that was a response to my RPM post, yes, true.  I'm not seeing in the original post if "two footing it" was tried.  I was able to do that on my 302.  I also put up with it for a while before I decided to see about a better solution.  Since I was "prepared" for it to stumble, I would also be ready to slap it into neutral and try and goose it before it stalled in traffic.  Old cars......  :o
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 09:49:21 AM »
If that was a response to my RPM post, yes, true.  I'm not seeing in the original post if "two footing it" was tried.  I was able to do that on my 302.  I also put up with it for a while before I decided to see about a better solution.  Since I was "prepared" for it to stumble, I would also be ready to slap it into neutral and try and goose it before it stalled in traffic.  Old cars......  :o

Did not work, lucky to get moving temporary for a few residential side streets, idling around in first gear, down hill worked until I stopped...Then the car died again.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

1109RWHP

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 09:13:03 PM »
Sounds like a converter issue. I had some do that when I worked at  Masano's.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2020, 07:19:36 AM »
This also has similar symptoms of the idle air bleeds being blocked. It doesn't take much to do that.

Mine clogged up on the GW Bridge on a Sunday. The car wouldn't idle but would run once on the main circuit.

You can't tell necessarily by just looking at them. They need to be cleaned out with a pin vise and compressed air.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!