News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

On the hook, again

Started by Bill, August 22, 2020, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1109RWHP

If that was the case you would be able to two foot it and keep it running.

rhjanes

Quote from: 1109RWHP on August 23, 2020, 11:18:27 PM
If that was a response to my RPM post, yes, true.  I'm not seeing in the original post if "two footing it" was tried.  I was able to do that on my 302.  I also put up with it for a while before I decided to see about a better solution.  Since I was "prepared" for it to stumble, I would also be ready to slap it into neutral and try and goose it before it stalled in traffic.  Old cars......  :o
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Bill

Quote from: rhjanes on August 24, 2020, 09:37:41 AM
Quote from: 1109RWHP on August 23, 2020, 11:18:27 PM
If that was a response to my RPM post, yes, true.  I'm not seeing in the original post if "two footing it" was tried.  I was able to do that on my 302.  I also put up with it for a while before I decided to see about a better solution.  Since I was "prepared" for it to stumble, I would also be ready to slap it into neutral and try and goose it before it stalled in traffic.  Old cars......  :o

Did not work, lucky to get moving temporary for a few residential side streets, idling around in first gear, down hill worked until I stopped...Then the car died again.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

1109RWHP

Sounds like a converter issue. I had some do that when I worked at  Masano's.

shelbydoug

This also has similar symptoms of the idle air bleeds being blocked. It doesn't take much to do that.

Mine clogged up on the GW Bridge on a Sunday. The car wouldn't idle but would run once on the main circuit.

You can't tell necessarily by just looking at them. They need to be cleaned out with a pin vise and compressed air.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!