Author Topic: Holley Sniper Throttle Body Injection - My install July, 2018  (Read 6715 times)

cbrown

• View Profile
Re: Holley Sniper Throttle Body Injection - My install July, 2018
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »
We have installed about quite a few of these on cars that roll thru the shop.   YOu can do a retrunless style also with pump in tank and only 1 line . 

chris

acapulco350

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 07:05:38 PM »
have one on my 67 350
starts perfect every time and also have just the one line system
cant go wrong with everything preset to what you want it to be
and nobody any difference unless you take the air cleaner off

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
have one on my 67 350
starts perfect every time and also have just the one line system
cant go wrong with everything preset to what you want it to be
and nobody any difference unless you take the air cleaner off

How did you do a 1-line system?  I thought the sniper required a return line.  I know the FiTech has a seperate fuel resevoir that needs mounted if you don't want to install an electric fuel pump. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 07:28:24 PM by 69 GT350 Vert »

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
"TANKS" for sharing this, very cool!
RARE  Signature Delete

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »
Good to hear.
I’ve seen a few sniper builds and heard good things.

I’ve also built a few FItech delete kits.  I have no hands on with any of them, but that one makes me view it with suspicion.

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 10:29:31 PM »

Tanks Inc. makes efi fuel tanks for classic mustangs, but the fuel line connectors are on top side in the trunk. I didn't want to drill holes to get the fuel line out of the trunk.

acapulco350

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 10:43:59 PM »
guy that did all the work for me said its all done at the pump which is in the tank
having just one line is nice and clean
also put in a 22 gallon tank which makes more sense as the standard is just a touch small

Cobrask8

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
I run the FITECH on my small block. Same concept, very happy with the drivability and performance, easy to hide.

I went for the return line to the tank, so the fuel pump stays constant. Yes, an extra line, but after trying both thier surge tank set-up, and a single line, I found the system worked best with the return line. Use the 255 lph pump.

Many companies make gas tank adapters with pumps for the Mustangs.

Also remember under the hood you'll have alot of extra wires, so route carefully, add extra GOOD grounds.

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2020, 11:52:25 AM »
The returnless system is VERY tempting, but I was curious as to whether anyone has used the existing line for a return? 
Have you all left the mechanical pump in place or used a block off plate? 
I even wondered about gutting and using a parts store fuel pump so it could occupy the spot and not be moving all the time. 

Thanks!  John

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2020, 06:54:02 PM »
I used a fuel pump block off plate.  I bought 2 new complete OEM fuel line kits.  One for supply and one for return line.  It is challenging to fit 2 front lines through the hole into the front wheel well.  It is only meant for one line, but it can be done with patience.  Using front standard steel lines makes it easier to bend them to get through the hole.  The stainless steel lines are very hard to bend. 

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2020, 08:26:28 PM »

+1

Seems like Forum 1.0.   Useful and no drama.

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2020, 10:57:54 PM »
A few things I learned about the sniper.   If you use a dual plane intake, like my shelby 351w, you will hear a whistle sound on moderate acceleration.  There's no way to eliminate it according to Holley. 

Also, if you use the spectra premium tank I used along with a transverse muffler, the fuel line connectors at tank are close to muffler.

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
What size hole do you need to make in the firewall?  What size is the flange for the air cleaner?  Thanks in advance.

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
No holes were drilled in the firewall, or anywhere to install the Sniper on my car.  The flange on Sniper is sized for Holley 4150 so your air cleaner fits on it the same as a 4150 carb. 

I removed the speedometer cable grommet in bottom of firewall to pass the blue fuel pump power wire, and the touch screen wires into the interior.  I think I was able to insert them through the center of the grommet so it could be replaced with a good seal around the perimeter of grommet.  If you don't want the touch screen monitoring full time, or you want to see the blue wire running to fuel tank under the car, then you would not need to pass any wires into the interior through the firewall.  Your choice. 

I did splice and solder the engine gauge feed harness to get the tach signal to the pink wire of sniper.  The sniper needs rpm feed.  My engine gauge harness was not original so it was no big deal to me.  I also deviated from the instructions, which say to connect main power directly to the battery - that looks terrible IMO.  I connected main positive to the starter solenoid post, and the main negative to the engine block ground the negative battery cable goes to.  I checked voltage with a multi-meter - it was identical at the battery versus where I installed the wires.  I used electrical tape to cover the sniper wires that are not under the air cleaner to conceal them. 

I let my buddy drive my car after the Sniper install.  He bought one for his 442 a few days later.  Yes, I installed it for him for free.  That's what I get for sharing.   :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 12:09:04 PM by 69 GT350 Vert »

Bobby Crumpley

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2020, 12:39:12 PM »
FYI, Holley now offers the Sniper Stealth that looks like a 4150 based carburetor.  Using one on my ERA replica Cobra with a 14" HiPo air cleaner and it will fool you until you take a closer look.
Bobby Crumpley
MCA#20316
www.houstonvaporblasting.com