Author Topic: Has anyone installed a car lift for storage/ car repairs and would recommend it?  (Read 12460 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile

I had it delivered. It arrived on a flat bed roll back. They lowered it onto wheels and rolled it in the garage. Leveled it, fine tuned the lift and it was done.

Am I reading this correctly? It came assembled?

06H275

• View Profile
Assembled would be nice, but seems unlikely.

corbins

• View Profile
Gentleman,

I have very limited space at my house in the city: a 2 car driveway/ one car garage/ and one car carport with a garage door. Yes. It does suck. So I need to make the most of it until I move in a few years.

I am considering a 4 post lift so I can raise my GT350 up and drive another car I need inside underneath it, or pull the lower car out and work under the car on the lift. There are a bunch of lifts out there out now. I need a 4 post lift I believe.

Has anyone purchased a lift and set one up (or had something else set it up) and would recommend it? Or perhaps you don’t like the lift you have and I should avoid it?

You might want to look at this portable unit , considering your height restrictions
https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/2-post-portable-car-lift-system-dannmar-maxjax-p/dannmarmaxjax.htm

My measurements are really tight:

Height limitation: Their is a beam that is 9 (108”) foot from the concrete the lift would sit on.
Width Limitation: The carport is 9 foot wide (108 “)
Length limitation:and 16 feet long(192”)

That’s roughly the size that the lift can be.

Thank you for your time.

Mark

SFM6S1348

• View Profile

I had it delivered. It arrived on a flat bed roll back. They lowered it onto wheels and rolled it in the garage. Leveled it, fine tuned the lift and it was done.

Am I reading this correctly? It came assembled?

Yes it was assembled mostly. I was surprised  and please as they were here only about 45 minutes.

Les
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:38:34 PM by SFM6S1348 »
...found 6S1348 after a full year of searching. It was in a garage I passed every day on the way to work. I looked at cars in front yards, back yards, storage garages, in fields, and under trees. I found a 65 that had hit a tree and was bent all the way to the back...

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Here is my car tucked in for the winter.  ;) I have 12' side walls and 17' in the center.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Here are some pictures of my setup.  I always find it hard to visualized this type of stuff without pictures.

Note: you can see the aluminum plates underneath the feet in the second shot.  I went with aluminum, as the anything else would have been EXTREMELY heavy.

And, based on then last 2 photos...the "pucker" factor was extremely high!  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Chad

• View Profile
I have always used Bendpak.  I used to have my own restoration business and we had 12 Bendpak lifts. Both 4 post and 2 post.  Never a problem.  always felt safe with them.  Stay away from anything made in China!!!!

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
+1 on Bendpak.  I don't have a storage lift, but my 2-post lift is built well.  I put a cheap lift in at my shop and wasn't thrilled with it.

kingchief

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
LOVE the pictures!  Keep them coming of your setups especially in tight areas.

COOL!

Steve
SFM 6S406

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I have always used Bendpak.  I used to have my own restoration business and we had 12 Bendpak lifts. Both 4 post and 2 post.  Never a problem.  always felt safe with them.  Stay away from anything made in China!!!!

I believe I read Bendpak is made in China now but they were offering a "Patriot" brand to compete with Back Yard Buddy.  Mohawk is about the only, if not the only USA made lift if believe.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Says right on Bendpak

Engineered in USA, Made in China.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
Honestly,..the steel is likely from China on each and every one.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Reuben, you need this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=7fIIPvMUv7M

;D

PS, I would have hotlinked it directly onto the page, but we can't do that yet.

davez

• View Profile
I have a Nussbaum. German company, us factory in North Carolina. The towers are one piece all the way up. My ceiling is just under 12 ft. Had to pay slightly more to have it made 6 inches shorter from their standard height.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:18:48 PM by davez »

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Reuben, you need this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=40&v=7fIIPvMUv7M

;D

PS, I would have hotlinked it directly onto the page, but we can't do that yet.

Not THAT'S awesome!!!!  Anything to fit more cars...and have the Mrs sign off on the additional purchases.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!