News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

2 post lift recommendations

Started by corbins, August 27, 2020, 07:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

Hi, looking at short post 2 post lifts. Ceiling height is restrictive (10') so I'm looking at the short post models. Anyone have a good recommendation/experience. I plan on installing my self.... with some help :)

Thanks

CSX 4133

Bendpak makes this one for up to 9' ceilings, there's also a similar one for 10' ceilings.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/gp-7lcs/

Greg

I vote for Bendpak as well, they make a great lift.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Bigfoot

I don't know about height but I'd research Rotary.
No affiliation
You can't buy a better lift.
You get what you pay for and there isn't any Room for error with a lift but particularly a 2 Post.
BtW,...the cement has to be a certain depth and a certain "pour" for any lift but particularly a 2 Post which is drilled in.
Sure,...one can set up a 4 Post on any cement floor and likely ur OK.
With a 2 Post there is no room for error.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Corey Bowcutt

I bought my 2 post Bendpak used off of Facebook Marketplace. Bought it for half the price and the guy delivered it to my garage for free.  I installed it myself as well. It was pretty straight forward. When I built my garage I made sure the cement was the right strength and thickness to support a 2 post lift. A good hammer drill is all that is needed.
Corey

corbins

Thanks all... I am aware of concrete requirements , will have to make a couple of test holes to determine thickness. Sure wished the guy had built this garage with a 12 ft ceiling :)

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

JohnHouston

I can't argue with any of the recommendations you have received for top quality USA products.  That said, I went a little different route.  I have 2 Atlas 2 post lifts, now about 5 years old.  I haven't worked them like a shop would, but they have performed great and never given me any trouble.  They were about $1400 a piece when I bought them, and I had to go to Austin anyway (where Greg Smith then had a store) so getting 2 made sense.  The girlfriend and I installed them.  The hardest part was unloading them from the trailer, but putting one up and using it to lift the second one off helped a lot. 

The small difference I see from the more expensive ones is that they tend to have a central unlocking mechanism by the power unit.  I have to lift it off the locks, and pull a cable to release on each side.  Not an issue for me, but one thing that is different.  I also have a couple of direct lift 4 post lifts that were pretty cheap.  Oddly, they release easily with a lever from one point, and my friend's expensive Bend Pak 4 post requires air to unlock the locks!  Go figure.

Whichever way you go you will wonder how you got along without one, or like me, two and 4 4 posts!

John