News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Glove box sticker

Started by Doug B, August 30, 2020, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug B

I thought I might replace the old worn out Shelby sticker in my glove box (pic 1). Ordered a new one from NPD (pic 2). Its clearly longer with extra words about sustained high speeds and towing. I suspect the differences are the E-70 vs F-70 tire changeover - my car is #0170 originally with E-70s. Yes?

I guess I'm keeping the original sticker?

Thanks, Doug
69 Shelby GT350 #0170 Fastback 4spd non-A/C
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

Doug B

Sorry - E-60 vs F-60. Up too late.
07 Shelby GT500 #4022

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Doug B on August 30, 2020, 11:15:44 PM
I thought I might replace the old worn out Shelby sticker in my glove box (pic 1). Ordered a new one from NPD (pic 2). Its clearly longer with extra words about sustained high speeds and towing. I suspect the differences are the E-70 vs F-70 tire changeover - my car is #0170 originally with E-70s. Yes?

I guess I'm keeping the original sticker?

Thanks, Doug
I think you meant changeover to the F-60 tire changeover. FYI there is a superior quality repro for the E-70 sticker and also the F-60 . Your picture shows the inferior version given the dark filled in lines of the snake. NPD sells two grades of stickers,decals etc. The better ones are referred to in their catalog as concours correct and are from ECS company. The ECS stickers ,decals etc. are after the cheaper less authentic versions in the catalog.  If you are going to the trouble of putting a original looking sticker in the glove box then I would put the E-70 sticker in if it were my car given that was what came in your car. But that is just me.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TOBKOB

My car 2060 also had a short sticker (E70) so I cut of the repro to match the original. I also took pics of the original not knowing if it was correct or not.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Doug B

Thanks Bob and TOB. I plan to keep the original for the time being.
07 Shelby GT500 #4022