News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Article on John Chun

Started by 6S1568, August 31, 2020, 01:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Reptile

Hi All,
This is a prime example of how rumors and urban legends spread...when re reading this it can be put simpler and should be...the 1967 cars were done by Mc Hose in the summer of 1966
Ford brought Fred Goodell in to try and save a very failed launch and streamline production. This was done in 1966 not 1967 as stated elsewhere. In 1967 Fred hired John Chun to design the
1968 car, which was also done with many other people from A.O. SMITH  They made much more effort to launch a fresh car on time......and even added a convertible to the lineup.
Regards R.R.

Richstang

Quote from: propayne on September 03, 2020, 02:21:14 PM
Thanks Rich (and Brian Styles, who I have been emailing with behind the scenes).

Original renderings, concept drawings plus advertising/marketing materials are of particular interest to me.

Pretty sure the airbrush was around (airbrushed t-shirts became popular in the early '60s) but to my eye (and this is only my opinion) the changes to the signed artwork on the bottom look digital.

Looks to have been made on a copy of the 5-26-66 art, not an original piece of art.

- Phillip

Phillip,
Thank you for adding your thoughts on the airbrush timeline. Most of us know your knowledge in this area, so your opinion is appreciated here.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

propayne

This thread is also an example of how the record can be set straight.

Now if the concept drawings for what ultimately became the XR7-G would just turn up!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America