News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

diy Stewart Warner Console Gauge Restoration

Started by nvr-enuf, September 02, 2020, 02:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvr-enuf

Hello everyone - I would like to repaint the needles on the console gauges but it looks like the only way is to uncrimp the stainless / chrome OD ring.  Any ideas / suggestions? Thanks SAS 

Also - do the console gauges receive the green-blue colored light bulbs?   Clear bulbs were removed. Thanks

TLea

Quote from: nvr-enuf on September 02, 2020, 02:16:19 PM
Hello everyone - I would like to repaint the needles on the console gauges but it looks like the only way is to uncrimp the stainless / chrome OD ring.  Any ideas / suggestions? Thanks SAS 

Also - do the console gauges receive the green-blue colored light bulbs?   Clear bulbs were removed. Thanks
Yes ring must be removed. Green bulbs (1895G) is correct. Originals were painted not green glass

nvr-enuf

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nvr-enuf on September 02, 2020, 08:22:16 PM
Is the ring destroyed once removed ?
The ring can easily be destroyed if not careful taken off. I have watched it done but haven't done it myself. It is also a careful procedure to crimp it back on after painting and cleaning.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nvr-enuf

Thanks bob - well said, while I love to be a DIY, I think for now I will leave them alone

Rodster-500

I thought someone on here had a tool to remove and install the ring but that was back in the days of Forum 1.0?