News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

My GT500 finally all together and running great

Started by dooley, September 03, 2020, 02:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dooley

Having spent the winter and most of the summer correcting the ... ummm ... best intentions of experts, it is now back together and running great. Though the distributor (original) could use a rebuild and perhaps an electronic module, I hate points ... next summer.

And before anyone mentions it, I only sent the body guy six pictures of where the fender emblems were supposed to go. I think he's blind. If you seen the paint you would think so too. The question was would I rather have them on but in the wrong spot or take the off and have mark on the fenders. Body alignment, Paint (much better paint) & Decals next year.

Regardless, here it is for your perusal.

Dooley

JohnHouston

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Is that a red interior?  I am a sucker for red interiors.   ;D

JD

Looking good, keep up the work, don't stop now  ;-)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

BGlover67

Good for you Dooley, drive it like you stole it!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Wooahbundy

Congratulations! Looks awesome, drive it and have fun!
1970 Shelby GT350 #2346
2013 Boss 302 #3161
1971 Boss 351-Gone but not forgotten!

Cool car ,but it seems to have a trifle too much tread on the rear tires.You should rectify that immediately......

shelbymann1970

Congrats. Nothing like putting a car together and back on the road. It is a great feeling of accomplishment. About the fender emblems. hindsight is 20/20 but putting on sticky emblems is about the easiest job there is putting a car back together. Try doing the stripes(I did my own with my body/paint man helping). Not as hard as you think so if nothing else be there when they are being done( I have striped 2 70 Shelbys so far). I think using a heat gun correctly you can get the emblems off or possibly as solvent that will attack the glue but not harm the paint. Good luck. These cars are fun and enjoy. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)