Author Topic: GT-350 Grille beauty ring finish  (Read 1118 times)

• View Profile
GT-350 Grille beauty ring finish
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:23:38 PM »
Trying to determine how best to refinish the grille beauty ring - see photo.  The ring looks to be aluminum and is not missing any of the mounting points.     
I know it's supposed to have black paint in the center groove, but I don't know how shiny the part is supposed to be.  It's an early build car if that matters.

Should it be chromed, or just polished?  Thanks for the input.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: GT-350 Grille beauty ring finish
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:31:47 PM »
Trying to determine how best to refinish the grille beauty ring - see photo.  The ring looks to be aluminum and is not missing any of the mounting points.     
I know it's supposed to have black paint in the center groove, but I don't know how shiny the part is supposed to be.  It's an early build car if that matters.

Should it be chromed, or just polished?  Thanks for the input.
The aluminum portion is not chrome or highly polished. More of a medium polished.Typically what you can achieve with a cloth and Mothers,Semichrome etc. type metal polish by hand.I have found them consistent throughout production. Also referred to as a race track. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

• View Profile
Re: GT-350 Grille beauty ring finish
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »
Thanks.  Saved me a trip to the chrome shop.