News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 gt350h sfm6s958

Started by sfm6s958, September 06, 2020, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm6s958

Looking to see if anyone has any information regarding Shelby gt350h sn sfm6s958

My dad bought the car in the late 60's, I'm not exactly sure of the year.  I can tell you he bought it for $1700 and sold it 9 months later for $2250.  I believe he sold it to a guy in Minnesota and I believe his name was Bob Rice (I grew up with his daughter who was named Shelby)

My dad is Gary Bleichner who lived in Chaska MN.  And remember many stories he told me about the car.  I don't know if it was totaled out but it was in an accident when Bob owned it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

capecodmustang.com

It's still out there...
A friend of mine owned the car in the mid 1990's and it was restored....

sfm6s958

Some more information I found out from my dad: He bought it in 68/69.  Bob got into an accident with it in the mid 70's in Chicago IL and the insurance company considered it totaled and took possession of it in Chicago.  We assumed it was scrapped during that time, but have always wondered it's fate.

Also Bob swapped the 3 speed auto for a 4 speed manual when he owned it.
That's all for now but would love to hear more about it if it is still out there and if any pictures exist.
Thanks!

J_Speegle

This was identified/labled as 6S958 in 2018

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

sfm6s958

Oh man, if that's correct just to know it's still out there...even if it's the wrong color.  Just makes me smile.  I've grown up the last 30 years thinking it was gone.

J_Speegle

6S958 is listed as a red Hertz in the registry
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

sfm6s958

Well, then my dad must have his numbers wrong I'll have to check with him again. Sorry to make you look up the wrong info.  I'll see what I can come up with.

sfm6s958

Without starting a new post, and without annoying you guys too much...
I apologize my 74 yr old dad doesn't have the best memory 😂.  He said he remembered the vin because it was so unique compared to anything else.
If you don't mind I'll give it one more shot with 6S978

I know it was a 66 gt350H. Was black with gold stripes and had the 3 speed auto.

Just looking thru the forums the knowledge that you guys have is amazing.
I know if there is any hope in finding any information about her this is the place to find it

6S978 is also a red Hertz. 968 also a Red Hertz. In fact 988 is a red Hertz

sfm6s958

Oh man, guess my dad lost his mind.
Thanks for all your help. Will let you know if I find anything else out

I couldn't find your dad's name, but there are two Rices. Fred and Harry.

Fred had 1534 and Harry had 014.

sfm6s958

Checking to see if he remembers the first owners name or if Fred or Harry could be bob's dad...

gt350cs

Neither 6S014 nor 6S1534 are Hertz cars.

sfm6s958

Well, then it wouldn't be one of them.  Makes me wonder if my dad just couldn't remember the numbers or if it by chance was repainted for some reason.  How cool would it be to find out it was originally a red hertz!

sfm6s958

From my dad:
There was evidence to suspect that the car had experienced a fire. The underside of the hood appeared to have been burned. The family who I bought it from was named Resnick.

Not sure if Resnick is spelled correctly or in the registry. But just more history for the car.