Author Topic: 70 Shelby gt 500 Fastback Trunk Underlayment Matt detail 9 6 69 car  (Read 1059 times)

bobboss351

• 651 485 9832
    • View Profile
 9 6 1970 , Shelby trunk under layment and Matt, 70 Shelby gt 500 fastback,
  Have the underlayment from Jack at Dead Nuts.  The under  layment goes all the way over to the dvr side  Quarter panel and interfere with the anntenna mast,  Does it get folded over on the dvr side like  69 Boss 429 ? does the pass side get folder over or Cut for the Space saver spare bracket or folder over as well, Then that leads to the next question. What about the Trunk matt, Thank you very much, Bob 
RJ RESTORATIONS
Robert Wilson
701 FIRST ST
SUITE B
FARMINGTON ,MN
bobboss351@gmail.com

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 70 Shelby gt 500 Fastback Trunk Underlayment Matt detail 9 6 69 car
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 04:47:07 PM »
9 6 1970 , Shelby trunk under layment and Matt, 70 Shelby gt 500 fastback,
  Have the underlayment from Jack at Dead Nuts.  The under  layment goes all the way over to the dvr side  Quarter panel and interfere with the anntenna mast,  Does it get folded over on the dvr side like  69 Boss 429 ? does the pass side get folder over or Cut for the Space saver spare bracket or folder over as well, Then that leads to the next question. What about the Trunk matt, Thank you very much, Bob
The antenna mast tube should not go down farther then the cardboard filler board /underlayment in the trunk drop . If it does then you have one that is too long .Not sure where you got it from but maybe one of the remakes . Definitely not a factory Shelby antenna because they all fit from the factory.  Call me and I will explain how to modify use to work and look right. Not a big deal.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »
antenna hole done at the selling dealer and may vary according to the installer being unique to shelby.  The fastback underlayment covers the whole trunk floor and its a cougar part unlike the verts use the tank cover underlayment.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 11:03:49 PM »
Jacks Underlayment   has a place cut our for the standard full size spare  " hold down loop ",,  the space spare spare bracket,  is not cut out . Im to assume that this is folded under or cut off???? since not all cars got a space saver or was this  ordered or made in error,
 I cannot remember , But i think the 69 boss 429 were cut at the right trunk drop,,,,,  i have no other experiences with 69 other than boss 429 cars,,,

Some pictures of unrestored late examples to hopefully show what was done. Sorry not pretty or perfect cars :)

Not sure why on this car the taillight control box is pulled up so high

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge