News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

September 11th, 2001-Remember as if it was yesterday

Started by Bill, September 11, 2020, 06:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

Remember this like it was just yesterday, living just outside of NYC.
Lost community members and old business acquaintances alike.
My wife, thankfully working out of the NJ office for Marsh, lost many of her co-workers when the towers collapsed.
Sitting here this morning, I have flashbacks of watching the columns of smoke I could see from my home, watching the multitude of rescue, medical, fire trucks racing down RT80 towards NYC, I remember helping load heavy equipment for friends whos first thought was to get to where they needed to be without any other thoughts, also without getting into the nitty gritty details, I remember worrying about friends and family who worked in that area of NYC, I remember trying to figure out how I was going to explain to my young son how some of his classmates parents were not coming home, I remember the multiple trips to fill my truck with cases water and essentials and driving them to drop off points throughout the city, and NJ drop off points. I remember being glued to the TV for almost 24 hours, holding my family close to me, just stunned about what had just occurred.
Just typing this out has brought me to tears, a real flood of emotions.....

I will never, ever forget.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to put my thoughts this morning to paper, so to speak.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

TOBKOB

It still brings that sick feeling when I think about it even though I wasn't anywhere near there   :'(.

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

68krrrr

Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Side-Oilers

Honor our dead.
Respect the first-responders.
Stay ever-vigilant.
Never forget.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model