News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 carbon fiber "Eleanor" Classic Recreation

Started by gt350bp, September 12, 2020, 11:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S7MS427

I am not a fan of "Eleanor".  Never have been.  I hated it when people would stare in awe when one of them would come rolling into a car show.  Fortunatley, that has mostly worn off by now.  It is far more satisfying to educate the public in the finer details of a real classic.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

69mach351w

Quote from: S7MS427 on September 13, 2020, 09:34:28 AM
I am not a fan of "Eleanor".  Never have been.  I hated it when people would stare in awe when one of them would come rolling into a car show.  Fortunatley, that has mostly worn off by now.  It is far more satisfying to educate the public in the finer details of a real classic.
Not necessarily that their in "Awe" because of reverential respect, but Awe as in "wondering" what one of these cars really are. Most will be like most here, but some will like it and think, "I'm gonna get me one, one day" ::)

Think about it, sort of like you're walking through the Mall and a man with a beard and Panty hose and dress on, comes walking down the Mall.  Everyone's going to look...........

S7MS427

Quote from: 69mach351w on September 13, 2020, 03:34:30 PM
Not necessarily that their in "Awe" Eleanor of reverential respect, but Awe as in "wondering" what one of these cars really are. Most will be like most here, but some will like it and think, "I'm gonna get me one, one day" ::)

Hey 69mach351w,
I was referring to those who knew what they were looking at but spoke in hushed tones of reverence.  All the while many original Shelbys were sitting right in front of them.  Those are the people who don't know the difference between reality and fantasy.  Those are the people who need to be taught the finer points of the classics.  Maybe then they will learn what makes these cars from the '60s so special.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

roddster

The real aggrivation is when one of these late knock-offs is entered in a local car show and wins the class.  And not the "modified" class either.

Don Johnston

Quote from: roddster on September 14, 2020, 09:59:17 AM
  The real aggrivation is when one of these late knock-offs is entered in a local car show and wins the class.  And not the "modified" class either.

+1     all too often. 8)

oldcanuck

Quote from: T-Bone68 on September 12, 2020, 12:56:54 PM

Shelby Inc will license anything - it's about bringing $$ in the door.

Remember.... they learned it from the best !    Anybody wanna buy a CS signed Frisbee from SAAC 6 ?
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN