News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 on eBay

Started by billmunny, March 19, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billmunny

Not mine but welcome thoughts..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500/263546802083?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Here is a solid original black plate California car, it was sold new in Laguna Beach California, where it remained with the 1st owner until 2005.  The second owner Pat Hoxie of Florida purchased the car in 2005 off of EBay.  The car was being sold by Peterson Museum on the behalf of the original owner's widow, her husband, Lawrence Lydick, passed away 10 years earlier in 1995.  Pat Hoxie meticulously maintained the car and has driven it approximately 2,000 miles during his 13 years of ownership. Mechanically the car runs out very strong.  Pat thought the car to be the fastest and best driving of his vintage Shelbys, much more impressive than his 68 GT500 KR.  Upon driving it myself I was quite impressed, the car is pretty original with reportedly one repaint, probably done back in the 80's.  The interior is original showing the patina of being a 50+ year old.  When you look at the engine compartment you see the original California smog still in place, just as it was when it left the factory assembly line in 1967.  The floors are extremely solid, I took pre-clean and wiped off the 50 year old undercoat from the main section of the floor to reveal the original red oxide primer.  Before Pat and I worked a trade we drilled out one of the rivets from the original Shelby tag for the first time to get the Ford VIN underneath.  This is the only way to confirm the numbers match.  You cannot get a Marti Report without providing both sets of numbers.  The Marti Report confirms that these are a match and that the car is correct.  The car was sold new at South Coast Motors in Laguna Beach California, it has 129,352 miles on it.  The original owner reported that the engine was rebuilt in 1988 when the car had 122,400 miles on it, that was 30 years ago.  It has been driven about 7,000 miles since.  This is not a trailer queen by any means, but there is a lot of fun and enjoyment left in this vintage big block Shelby. You can enjoy it just as Pat did in its present condition or it would be a great candidate for a cosmetic restoration.  I set my price at what I see people asking for tribute cars. This is the real deal with supporting documents and ownership history since new.  Next to the 1965 GT350 it is probably the second most valuable of all the early Shelbys.  It is the only year and last year that Shelby personally built a big block 428 with 2 x 4's GT500. The 68 thru 70 models were built at Ford with only a single 4 barrel.  The car comes with its original owner's manual, sales brochure, Deluxe Marti Report, and ownership history.  For more information call Don at Vantage Sportscars Cell – 407-497-2122.

BGlover67

I pretty sure a regular contributor of this forum was involved with getting this car road worthy again.  We'll see if he chimes in.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: billmunny on March 19, 2018, 03:46:52 PM
Not mine but welcome thoughts..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500/263546802083?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Here is a solid original black plate California car, it was sold new in Laguna Beach California, where it remained with the 1st owner until 2005.  The second owner Pat Hoxie of Florida purchased the car in 2005 off of EBay.  The car was being sold by Peterson Museum on the behalf of the original owner's widow, her husband, Lawrence Lydick, passed away 10 years earlier in 1995.  Pat Hoxie meticulously maintained the car and has driven it approximately 2,000 miles during his 13 years of ownership. Mechanically the car runs out very strong.  Pat thought the car to be the fastest and best driving of his vintage Shelbys, much more impressive than his 68 GT500 KR.  Upon driving it myself I was quite impressed, the car is pretty original with reportedly one repaint, probably done back in the 80's.  The interior is original showing the patina of being a 50+ year old.  When you look at the engine compartment you see the original California smog still in place, just as it was when it left the factory assembly line in 1967.  The floors are extremely solid, I took pre-clean and wiped off the 50 year old undercoat from the main section of the floor to reveal the original red oxide primer.  Before Pat and I worked a trade we drilled out one of the rivets from the original Shelby tag for the first time to get the Ford VIN underneath.  This is the only way to confirm the numbers match.  You cannot get a Marti Report without providing both sets of numbers.  The Marti Report confirms that these are a match and that the car is correct.  The car was sold new at South Coast Motors in Laguna Beach California, it has 129,352 miles on it.  The original owner reported that the engine was rebuilt in 1988 when the car had 122,400 miles on it, that was 30 years ago.  It has been driven about 7,000 miles since.  This is not a trailer queen by any means, but there is a lot of fun and enjoyment left in this vintage big block Shelby. You can enjoy it just as Pat did in its present condition or it would be a great candidate for a cosmetic restoration.  I set my price at what I see people asking for tribute cars. This is the real deal with supporting documents and ownership history since new.  Next to the 1965 GT350 it is probably the second most valuable of all the early Shelbys. It is the only year and last year that Shelby personally built a big block 428 with 2 x 4's GT500. The 68 thru 70 models were built at Ford with only a single 4 barrel. The car comes with its original owner's manual, sales brochure, Deluxe Marti Report, and ownership history.  For more information call Don at Vantage Sportscars Cell – 407-497-2122.
When CS was autoghraphing some of my stuff years ago I noticed he had grease under his nails . That must have been from all the work he was doing on the cars. ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

stephen_becker

That was pizza grease under Carroll's nails...............

gt350hr

I remember a person asking him ( now 40+ years ago) if he had EVER built an engine. His response was something like "Hell no , I always had the best in the world building them for me. No need for me to interfere". He knew what it took but not a clue how to actually do it.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on March 21, 2018, 04:38:49 PM
  I remember a person asking him ( now 40+ years ago) if he had EVER built an engine. His response was something like "Hell no , I always had the best in the world building them for me. No need for me to interfere". He knew what it took but not a clue how to actually do it.
    Randy
+1 . Knowing where to find and recognizing who to hire is just as critical talent .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350cs

Yes, Bob, Carroll knew how to find the right people for the job and to let them do it best. That should not be overlooked regardless of how you feel about the person.

None of these cars would have ever come about without his vision.

67_1183

Back on eBay now with a $37K price increase after some updating/detailing/replacing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-GT500/113289574864?hash=item1a6095b9d0:g:h1EAAOSwLKNbttlq:rk:13:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Some March and November pics.
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Sfm6sxxx

6S1114

gt350hr

Hose clamps , yellow top coil , and the  right valve cover breather would help too. I'm not sure the black paint on the air cleaner lid was wrong. Maybe I'm wrong LOL
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350hr on November 28, 2018, 05:33:09 PM
   Hose clamps , yellow top coil , and the  right valve cover breather would help too. I'm not sure the black paint on the air cleaner lid was wrong. Maybe I'm wrong LOL
Black wrinkle paint on the aircleaner is the only way the 67 GT500 came for all but about 10% of early GT500 production. 

Bigfoot

Where is that OG carpet....?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI