Author Topic: Choke fitting needed  (Read 216 times)

Bill

• Shelby Nut & man of my word
    • View Profile
Choke fitting needed
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:00:56 PM »
Pulled a C7DF L carb out of a box and did a quick amateur rebuild so I could pull my original carb off the 69 GT500. This will allow me to keep the car mobile while I wait Drew to have an opening for my original carb. Need to find or figure out what fitting I need to go from the choke to my stock choke tube to get it to work. Anyone have a fitting or know the part number (generic for local auto parts store would be fine for this carb) I need?

Actual hot choke in stalled

What I believe I need, but cannot figure out threads and such on my own this afternoon

Thanks in advance

Bill
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 06:11:16 PM by Bill »
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Current: 69 GT500 #1584
Previous: 68-2623, 69-2177, the partial remains of 68-03278

DC-DD

• View Profile
Re: Choke fitting needed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 05:58:45 AM »

Bill
If just temporary can you just use a small chunk of rubber hose and some squeeze clamps.

Bill

• Shelby Nut & man of my word
    • View Profile
Re: Choke fitting needed
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 06:48:42 AM »

Bill
If just temporary can you just use a small chunk of rubber hose and some squeeze clamps.

I'm one of these guys that has to do it once and do it right. In this case, a temporary fix could be 4-6 months.....I had the fitting, laid it down on my work bench when tearing the carb apart. Now it's missing. I tore the entire work area apart, broom swept the floor, checked draws, small garbage can, toolbox, plastic bins, boxes, even places and other areas I had not opened or touched, draws, pants pockets, everywhere, top to bottom and it's not there. A year or two from now it will pop up I'm sure, but that does not help me now.....
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Current: 69 GT500 #1584
Previous: 68-2623, 69-2177, the partial remains of 68-03278