News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 Seat Rail

Started by Corey Bowcutt, September 15, 2020, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

One of the threaded studs that mount my driver's seat to the floor has damaged threads.  I am not sure if these threaded studs can be pressed out and replaced of not?  Does anyone out there have a spare seat rail with good studs or if the studs can be removed does anyone have any replacement studs?
Thank you,
Corey

Royce Peterson

You can remove the stud and weld in a new 5/16-18 NC stud. Or buy a complete set or individual parts from WCCC:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/67tracksetbench.html?sessionthemeid=26

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on September 15, 2020, 09:53:02 AM
One of the threaded studs that mount my driver's seat to the floor has damaged threads.  I am not sure if these threaded studs can be pressed out and replaced of not?  Does anyone out there have a spare seat rail with good studs or if the studs can be removed does anyone have any replacement studs?
Thank you,
Corey
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Corey Bowcutt

Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 15, 2020, 11:30:49 AM
You can remove the stud and weld in a new 5/16-18 NC stud. Or buy a complete set or individual parts from WCCC:
https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/67tracksetbench.html?sessionthemeid=26

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on September 15, 2020, 09:53:02 AM
Thank you,
Corey

Thank you Royce, this is perfect!

Royce Peterson

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock