News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Western Oregon Fires

Started by silverton_ford, September 15, 2020, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 17, 2020, 07:22:45 AM
I AGREE. Listening on NPR radio going to work yesterday morning(just got sirius) they were talking to some "experts"  about forest management out west as it has come in the news politically lately. It was said in Calif the Fed govt owns the majority of the forests and California themselves own about 3 percent and the rest is privately owned. So for anyone to bash Calif govt on forest mgt is just off base. Gary

Even if this percentage was correct the State sets the rules as to use and restrictions. Believe that as we often see numbers are slanted in the media to show what the presenter want to convey.  Just because they, the state, doesn't own the property does not mean they don't set the rules, laws and impose  the fines if you don't bend to the restrictions.  Anyone living in Calif and owns rural property should be able to attest to the restrictions and oversight the state  imposes.  It's not politics and should not be - it's the facts. But of course people choose their facts and facts become weaponized. A terrible term IMHO but its a well used one now a days.

You might be want to pull up a map showing how much of the state is protected, directly and under contract by CalFire.

You may or may not notice that most current "experts" working in the system currently will not rock the boat and most of the comments about how screwed up things are come from guys already retired that choose to speak out.

On the positive side but not to down play the losses to many.   Should be allot of great areas for the mushroom hunters available in a year or so
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

69mach351w

I can't imagine!!  I see this stuff on National News and my heart breaks.

I live in W. North Carolina on the east coast and we seem to get by most of natural disasters and we feel blessed.

We will keep all you guys/gals on the west coast in our thoughts and prayers.

Krelboyne

Yay, we are getting rain. Cleaning the air and helping to quench the fires.

See you at the car show Sunday!
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

silverton_ford

Quote from: Krelboyne on September 18, 2020, 05:04:07 PM
Yay, we are getting rain. Cleaning the air and helping to quench the fires.

See you at the car show Sunday!

See you there Scott!   First time in a long time I am enjoying the rain...never thought I would say that.  Haha