Author Topic: September 11, 2020  (Read 267 times)

FL SAAC

• original posts more than McDonalds over 1 billlion
    • View Profile
September 11, 2020
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:07:09 PM »
September 11 a National Day of Remembrance, Reflection and Respect. God bless the USA  !
These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all cleanCS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.It's jolted by every pebble on the road

Florida S.A.A.C Love All-Serve All, Take Time To Be Kind

I have a UNGOLD car

JJH

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: September 11, 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 12:49:10 AM »
Amen. Pray for all souls lost in the horrific terrorist attacks on the 🇺🇸 USA.
SAAC member since 1981

Steve Z

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 01:22:47 AM »
  I will start out? I was at work driving from job to job because I own my own construction business. My wife calls me ay 9 am central time and says one of the Twin towers went down from a collision from a plane crashing into into it? My first thoughts is pour navigation. Then the second one hit? I thought , we we'll never be the same ? I feel sorry for the  Lives that were lost. God Bless
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 01:54:27 AM by Steve Z »

FL SAAC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »
600 a.m.Got up
7::00 a.m. Out the door and headed into downtown Miami
Stuck in traffic
8:55 a.m. announcement on radio plane hits tower,  I thought what a tragedy
9:15 a.m. we actually see the second plane hit, we are under siege
These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it. Not just the look of it when its all cleanCS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have a UNGOLD car

Al G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
I retired from the Army in June 2001. My last 7 years were spent in the Pentagon. On 9/11 I was working in an office building about a  mile from the Pentagon.  My wife was an Air Force civilian and she also worked in the Pentagon.  She was still there on 9/11. We spoke on the phone briefly after the twin towers were hit. I was watching news coverage when we heard the Pentagon get hit (not knowing at the time that's what we heard). As soon as the news coverage switched to the Pentagon I tried to call my wife but couldn't get through.  As the coverage showed more I could tell the impact wasn't far from her office. For about 2 hours I had no idea if she was dead or alive.  She was finally able to reach me and she had gotten out okay. It took all afternoon to link up with her and get home.

Ten people I had worked with in the Pentagon and considered friends died that day. I was acquainted with several others from meeting them in passing at events or meetings.

If you remember seeing aerial coverage of the Pentagon my wife's office was on the top floor directly below where they placed the big blue tarp.

This is always a solemn day for us as we reflect on that day and the aftermath.

Mojie21

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 07:06:34 PM »
I was stationed on a submarine out of Connecticut. That day we were out playing war games against made up name places. Then a report was made stating NYC was attacked. The chill that came over us when real places were mentioned, only to learn it was true, was definitely shocking.

We ultimately took on a full load of tomahawks....only to unload them without being called upon. I do work with guys that didnít have to offload when they come home. They politely deposited their munitions overseas.

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 07:23:15 PM »
Honor our dead.
Respect the first-responders.
Stay ever-vigilant.
Never forget.
Current:
1968 GT500KR owner since 1982 (now running Shelby aluminum 427 S-O)
Kirkham Cobra 427

FL SAAC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
Always remember;

You are waking up in the greatest country in the world!

I have a UNGOLD car