News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

715 cfm tuning

Started by gt350bp, September 16, 2020, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350bp

I have a path to follow now after all the suggestions and help. It is a PITA while doing it, but a good feeling when you make positive strides. I messed with the fuel pumps and fuel systems, and after many tweaks, that has been solved.

I think I'm going in the right direction on the 715 tuning, so I'll keep everyone informed. Weather has started to cooperate, so I hope to have a well tuned
327 by the end of the weekend.

Thanks for the help!

Don
gt350bp

gt350bp

Yahoo!

Adjusted the mixture screws out an 1/8 turn and changed to a #31 nozzle and the car responded with a steady pull in 4th gear without any bog or hesitation.
Going to run it like this for the week before going to #68 jets on the primary as suggested. Seat of the pants feel is much better.

Don
gt350bp

Drew Pojedinec

By richening idle or raising float, you are really closing the gap in circuits.

Generally speaking, an engine gets leaner as the idle circuit tapers off. A well designed carb sizes the bleeds to run into the mains a little bit.
By having proper bleeds (or raising float level) you bring the boosters online sooner.
By richening idle you just provide a little more fuel at the top end.
Same with using a smaller HSAB or raising float....

Simple machines need simple adjustments.

gt350bp

I think the 715 is pretty well dialed in. Drove it today, and the 4th gear pull from 2,500 rpm is smooth. No bog or hesitation!

Thanks all for the help

Don
gt350bp