Author Topic: R & T - The Electric Ford F-150 Will Be the Fastest, Most Powerful F-150 Ever  (Read 1470 times)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
   SURE until the battery runs out of JUICE and the "tortise" passes the "hare" LOL Until "perpetual motion" is developed , electric power can't "go the distance" on batteries alone compared to an internal combustion engine. Locomotives use electric motors but have a diesel powered generator to supply electricity.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
   SURE until the battery runs out of JUICE and the "tortise" passes the "hare" LOL Until "perpetual motion" is developed , electric power can't "go the distance" on batteries alone compared to an internal combustion engine. Locomotives use electric motors but have a diesel powered generator to supply electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hatav_Rdnno&t=618s

vtgt500

• View Profile
I don't doubt electric vehicles will be the future.  Just not my future.  Notice how you never see mention of, "cost of ownership."  Or, God forbid, depreciation.

Last week I sold my '98 F150 4.6, 5-speed, 4WD.  Purchase price new was $19K.  Sold in excellent running condition for $2100 with 261,000 miles.  Other than tires, brakes, front wheel bearing hubs, starter, alternator, muffler and head gasket it had no major repairs.  If those items repair items cost $5K, then less fuel my cost of ownership was $0.12/mile.  So how will an electric vehicle  compare to that?

gt350hr

• View Profile
  Wait until the "tree huggers" have to find a place to put the dead batteries. Can't be a "land fill" or dump them in the ocean we've already done that. Green has it's consequences LMAO. I'll stick to ICEs.

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I could use one to transport my 55 gal. drums of 93 Premium to run my "vintage fuel" vehicles and generator for night charging.  Unfortunately, instead of a macho sound on acceleration, it will probably whine a lot. 8)

trotrof1

• View Profile
To me its not power or speed but duration. It takes me 15 hrs to drive approx 1000 miles only stopping for gas and food. Now if a Battery powered truck can deck that and be affordable then OK.  Obtainable? maybe someday but Im not holding my breath waiting.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Wait till Elon chimes in....

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
Put it in a trashcan and have the fastest, most powerful dumpster ever.
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
always remember the 3Hs horrible,  hideous and horrendous

have not seen one electric vehicle that looks good as of today

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

gt350hr

• View Profile
Re: R & T - The Electric Ford F-150 Will Be the Fastest, Most Powerful F-150 Ever
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 11:26:53 AM »
  You drive a hundred or so miles and stop (IF you can find a place) and charge the battery for hours to drive another hundred or so. DOUBLES the length of time to go a thousand miles! But you were GREEN all the way.
 The earth is on a billion year path to become hotter than Venus ( where "rain" is MOLTEN METAL). NOTHING we do today can stop it unless "we" move the Earth's orbit further out ( but not too far) . Saw that on the Science Channel last night ( has to be true) LOL.