News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 GT350

Started by Coralsnake, September 19, 2020, 10:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Heres a question, asking for a friend...

Can a car be "matching numbers" if all the ID tags have been replaced?

Stillakid54

Maybe it should be called "matching plates"...
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

Greg

Do you think he has EVERYTHING???  :D
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Coralsnake

1968GT350

Am I missing something....why isn't the cowl painted and why is there a speaker hole in the drivers door...and not the passengers door? Red transmission and many other things that make me go yikes.

Coralsnake

There are a lot of "whys" here.

I have bought a car that had "everything"

I looked for those missing parts for years 😎

1968GT350

Yes sir, this one seems to have more questions than answers.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 1968GT350 on September 20, 2020, 04:26:23 PM
Am I missing something....why isn't the cowl painted and why is there a speaker hole in the drivers door...and not the passengers door? Red transmission and many other things that make me go yikes.
During the year they changed from body color painted upper firewall cowl to black. With a removable cowl panel there was no need to paint the upper firewall body color. This car is late enough to be done black. Also has the ribbed DS apron like it should. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

The video dropped the price 15K in my book.  ;D ;D ;D . WOW the stuff I've seen done wrong to the car and of course the missing parts that he claims he has. Firestone tires are a nice touch also  ;D . Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Mike G.

This car was for sale in Long Island approximately 10 years ago at an estate sale. Same shape as it is now. The craftsmanship was sub par then and I cant see it having been approved upon since then. It was just recently bought from another guy here in the spring then put on Craigslist and sold again in the beginning of this July. One would really have to inspect personally before committing to such a purchase. Not trying to bash the car on an open forum it. This is just from my observations. Mike G.

Sorry I am trying to resize picture. Can anyone tell me the correct size that works?

Coralsnake

Img width=600 seems to work well

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Mike G. on September 21, 2020, 07:17:18 AM
This car was for sale in Long Island approximately 10 years ago at an estate sale. Same shape as it is now. The craftsmanship was sub par then and I cant see it having been approved upon since then. It was just recently bought from another guy here in the spring then put on Craigslist and sold again in the beginning of this July. One would really have to inspect personally before committing to such a purchase. Not trying to bash the car on an open forum it. This is just from my observations. Mike G.

Sorry I am trying to resize picture. Can anyone tell me the correct size that works?

I looked at the car at that estate sale back then....

The "bidding " process was rigged and unprofessional...

1968GT350

During the year they changed from body color painted upper firewall cowl to black. With a removable cowl panel there was no need to paint the upper firewall body color. This car is late enough to be done black. Also has the ribbed DS apron like it should. Gary

Thank you for clearing that up Gary!