News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

I came here a year ago looking to buy.

Started by Shelby4Life, September 19, 2020, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby4Life

I went to SAAC 44 looking to find a Shelby to buy. Although I didn't buy there, I had an amazing experience meeting some of you, and saw some unbelievable Shelbys. Then I came here to the forum to learn more about them, and to look for one to buy. I posted in the wanted to buy thread, that my goal was to buy from a long time owner. A few caretakers, and a few flippers, showed me what they had for sale. A couple of 66's, a couple of 67's. There were lot of 68's, a couple of KR's. Still, nothing I felt right enough about to pull the trigger on, and I had very little interest in buying from a flipper.
Since then, on a daily basis, I have checked the cars for sale page. I read up on every one that was posted, on who was selling it, and I searched to find as much of the history on the car as I could. I have learned so much, but I still have so much to learn. I have owned over a dozen Mustangs, and several Cougars, but never a Shelby.
A week ago, a long time caretaker posted an early 67 for sale. I immediately emailed, said I was ready to buy, and waited for a response.
Well, I got the response, made that phone call, and learned a little bit about a quite rare car and about a very nice man. 
He took very good care of the car since 1982. Thank you for that Mark.
I am happy to share that I purchased my first Shelby. It's a Raven Black 1967 GT350, #0130, with a Paxton Supercharger.
I am so grateful to be a part of this club. The men in SAAC have been very helpful to me in my search, answering questions, looking things up, sharing their experiences. I have spoken to several caretakers, and made some long term new friends along this journey. I have learned so much from men I have never met who shared their experiences with me, even though I didn't buy the cars they were selling. So many good people here. I would especially like to thank Dave M for sharing with me some of his vast knowledge of and experience with these iconic automobiles. I am positive I will be here to learn more about Shelbys from some of the men who have walked the path before me.
I'd love as much information as I can find about this rare car.
Thank you everyone.

Eddie
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

Richstang

Congrats on finding the one!!!
It's an upper scoop light car too...NICE!!!

There are lots of folks here who can help with any questions you may have.
Have fun with that supercharger!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Congratulations! I saw the pictures, sweet car.

68krrrr

Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Bob Gaines

The previous owner used to bring it to the Tulsa show .I remember that car when it didn't have the Paxton on it and then later when it did.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Nice message. Thanks for contributing and congrats on car
6S373
6S1276

Sixx7shelby

Congratulations to you on purchase and Markboss on his sale!!! Enjoy
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

68blk500c

Congratulations on your purchase.  I remember Mark's cars from his days in the Tulsa area.

Stillakid54

One more congrats!  You approached your hunt the right way, and hope you have years of enjoyment.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

T-Bone68

SBCARGUY

S7MS427

Congratulations on buying an iconic car and welcome to the ranks of Shelby ownership.  It is a fun ride for sure.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Shelby4Life

1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.