News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

I came here a year ago looking to buy.

Started by Shelby4Life, September 19, 2020, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Love the car great choice and congratulations

Shelby4Life

If you are considering removing the LeMans stripes sometime in the future you may want to replace the all fiberglass hood with the correct steel innerstructure hood at the same time. That would be the best time to make that kind of change given ether one involves painting a hood . FYI the car looks great just the way it is but just thought I would make you aware in case there is a opportunity.I am glad the car found it's way into the hands of a appreciative and enthusiastic care taker.Enjoy.
[/quote]

Thank you Bob! Yes, I am aware. Dave M. informed at some point during the purchase, when I asked him information about the car, that it was not a metal/fiberglass hood, so the best plan is to replace it. Correct is what I'm going for, as close as I can get. Finding a correct hood is job 1. I may just leave the stripes, until I find a hood, then repaint the car. The rest of the body is original and solid! If anyone here has or finds a correct hood for this I'd be interested. I'm leaving the Paxton, as I feel it doesn't hurt the value, and it's pretty cool.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

lawrence67

Congrats on your purchase.  FYI, it may be optics but it appears the upper rad hose very close or rubbing on blower pulley. Bearing mind engine tq also a factor.  Enjoy.
Paul L.

Shelby4Life

Quote from: lawrence67 on November 23, 2020, 11:14:26 AM
Congrats on your purchase.  FYI, it may be optics but it appears the upper rad hose very close or rubbing on blower pulley. Bearing mind engine tq also a factor.  Enjoy.
Paul L.

Thanks man. Must be the angle, doesn't seem to be letting me post a pic, but it's clear.
1967 Sprint 289 Auto, Deluxe, AC.
1967 S Code GTA Deluxe, AC.
2004 Gated 6-speed Ferrari 360.

427hunter

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

jswoody

Congratulations on the beautiful addition to your family.

Shelby_r_b

Thanks for posting the additional pictures - she looks great!
Nothing beats a classic!