News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 GT350 Underhood Vacuum Diagram

Started by SChatman, September 20, 2020, 01:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChatman

Any thoughts on an under hood vacuum hose Diagram for a car with A/C, PS, PB,I've got a 350 with an FMX and have looked through several diagrams ( Biue Book, Break away steering supplement  but haven't found one that has everything I'm looking for.
Thanks

shelbymann1970

Quote from: SChatman on September 20, 2020, 01:27:47 AM
Any thoughts on an under hood vacuum hose Diagram for a car with A/C, PS, PB,I've got a 350 with an FMX and have looked through several diagrams ( Biue Book, Break away steering supplement  but haven't found one that has everything I'm looking for.
Thanks
try the concours Mustang forum. I believe at one time(could have been SAAC Forum Version 1) where Jeff Speegle posted some pics  of a GT350 engine dressed out and I think it was an AC car. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

shelbymann1970

Here are some pics I have. I am not sure if these help. The double pics were taken off of a friends 69 GT350 Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Disregard things like "front" and "caution fan". pics all from the 90s. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

SChatman

Thanks guys, the hoses that I canT. find a diagram for are the breakaway steering wheel under the hood hoses, where they go to the vacuum canisters and onto the vacuum treat the back of the engine. Also which nipple does the vacuum line from the automatic transmission attach to I assume on the vacuum tree also at the back of the  engine.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: SChatman on September 20, 2020, 11:12:06 AM
Thanks guys, the hoses that I canT. find a diagram for are the breakaway steering wheel under the hood hoses, where they go to the vacuum canisters and onto the vacuum treat the back of the engine. Also which nipple does the vacuum line from the automatic transmission attach to I assume on the vacuum tree also at the back of the  engine.
I thought you were looking for Engine vacuum line setup. Do you have the stand alone tilt schematics book that is available aftermarket? The 68 schematic for Shelbys I would think would be similar and it shows the whole setup even with air. Having a 68 and 69 setup I have no reason to believe the actual tilt wheel wiring or how it was plumbed is any different. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

SChatman

Yes I have the tilt supplement but it doesn't tell you much as far as vacuum line routing.

J_Speegle

Quote from: SChatman on September 20, 2020, 06:37:26 PM
Yes I have the tilt supplement but it doesn't tell you much as far as vacuum line routing.

Not sure what "supplement" you're referring to. In the 1969 wiring and vacuum book the Mustang tilt diagraph is shown with the routing (pg 2-V3) and on another page the power ventilation as well as AC vacuum routing. The challenge is that they do not show or reference how things differed when two of these are installed on the same car. The routing from the swing away vacuum pod to the firewall grommet I don't think I have a picture of since getting a good picture would be difficult with everything installed.

There is a routing diagram on page 2-V2 showing the routing of a system (generic as far as engine) with AC, cruise and tilt though it has only a single reservoir.  It also shows a 3 way and a four way T's being used as well as the two into one round check valve we are familiar with   
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge