News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

GT Roadster GT/108 PR Tour 65: Newport Beach Concours d Elegance- Pic found

Started by Szabo, September 21, 2020, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Szabo on May 11, 2021, 06:02:16 PM
Hey,

little but extraordinary news in this Thread ...

The last missing piece of the puzzle was always the 3rd Annual South Course Concours d'Elegance Newport Beach Event on May 16, 1965

i read in the Auction Sales Brochure about that event, but never find a pic or anything on the net.

I even suspected it was misinformation, but when you no longer expect it, sometimes something wonderful happens

So i found in the Autoweek Issue 19 June 1965 a little but very nice pic and report from GT/108 on the show.

I am really happy to find a bulletproofed articel on an time authentic Car Magazin / Newspaper
for me a long journey is completed

Hope you can feel what i mean and have some joy also

Greets from Germany

Stephan

Carroll must have known somebody at the Newport golf club or he just liked to golf there.  Was it called The Newporter Inn & Country Club back then?

That venue is where he held his "Garage Sale" in what...1986 or so? 

I was there, and also attended many Concours shows, but can't remember much... 8)
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Richstang

Quote from: Szabo on May 11, 2021, 06:02:16 PM
Hey,

little but extraordinary news in this Thread ...

The last missing piece of the puzzle was always the 3rd Annual South Course Concours d'Elegance Newport Beach Event on May 16, 1965

i read in the Auction Sales Brochure about that event, but never find a pic or anything on the net.

I even suspected it was misinformation, but when you no longer expect it, sometimes something wonderful happens

So i found in the Autoweek Issue 19 June 1965 a little but very nice pic and report from GT/108 on the show.

I am really happy to find a bulletproofed articel on an time authentic Car Magazin / Newspaper
for me a long journey is completed

Hope you can feel what i mean and have some joy also

Greets from Germany

Stephan

I can't believe you found a photo at the 1965 Newport Concours d'Elagance.
Well Done!!!
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar