News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965 GT 350 for sale

Started by Greg, September 21, 2020, 07:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

Quote from: wcampbell on September 22, 2020, 02:00:04 PM
Guys...this is my old ride - 5S262. The excellent restoration finishing work is courtesy of Charles! The detail on the undercarriage overspray/coloring courtesy of Jeff and the sourcing of parts courtesy of Craig Conley, Ed Meyer and Jim Cowles! I traded both 5S541 and 5S262 for CSX2177 last year. It's was a tough morning putting two nice GT350s on a trailer, but I always wanted a 289 Competition COBRA so I had to give it a go...hard to believe how far 262 had come and yes - the Amelia Concours brought lots of people to the car saying it was the nicest restored GT350 they'd ever seen. Rearview mirror now - it'll be interesting to see where it goes. I just heard for the first time yesterday from a "friend of a friend" that 5S541 is now apart. Incredibly original car that was - I was intending to leave it unrestored, but it's another's perogative now...

Wow
2 65's for a CSX .
Big trade!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

BGlover67

Quote from: Bigfoot on September 22, 2020, 06:23:31 PM
Quote from: wcampbell on September 22, 2020, 02:00:04 PM
Guys...this is my old ride - 5S262. The excellent restoration finishing work is courtesy of Charles! The detail on the undercarriage overspray/coloring courtesy of Jeff and the sourcing of parts courtesy of Craig Conley, Ed Meyer and Jim Cowles! I traded both 5S541 and 5S262 for CSX2177 last year. It's was a tough morning putting two nice GT350s on a trailer, but I always wanted a 289 Competition COBRA so I had to give it a go...hard to believe how far 262 had come and yes - the Amelia Concours brought lots of people to the car saying it was the nicest restored GT350 they'd ever seen. Rearview mirror now - it'll be interesting to see where it goes. I just heard for the first time yesterday from a "friend of a friend" that 5S541 is now apart. Incredibly original car that was - I was intending to leave it unrestored, but it's another's perogative now...

Wow
2 65's for a CSX .
Big trade!

Like two brunettes for a redhead.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6s1640

For the long term record when the Legendary site vanishes.

Take care

Cory

Rickmustang

So please describe how it's been going from the Mustang platform to the CSX platform. Big change that you are pleased with in hindsight?
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Rickmustang on September 23, 2020, 07:43:46 AM
So please describe how it's been going from the Mustang platform to the CSX platform. Big change that you are pleased with in hindsight?

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=10978.0
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

wcampbell

Rick,

What I'm finding is that cobra variations and running changes are much more frequent than dealing with the Mustangs over the years. This means hunting the correct parts require extra diligence and paying close attention to where in the timeframe of these changes the part you are souring was built. I happen to have wound up with a Lucas wired car with Ford charging system - roughly 60ish of these cars were built before Ford decided it's version of a electrical system was better and at CSX2200 changed to their devices and added their alternator. Nothing is a "paint by numbers" for restoration from this perspective. As far as the driving and use experience I cannot speak to this yet - car is still in the process of getting wired and I've been waiting on guage restoration providers to send back my stuff before I can fire up.

Wayne

Rickmustang

Thanks Wayne. Always wondered if I would like a Cobra experience.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

SBCARGUY

Rick,

As an owner/longtime caretaker of both... Although the 65 GT350 is a very special car, I would sell one of ours FAR before I would ever consider selling our CSX2XXX...

The 289 in my opinion, just gives such as visceral feeling when driving that I can't quite compare to a GT350.

Josh