News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

68 GT 500 trunk mat

Started by RSOHC, September 25, 2020, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSOHC

What is the correct color for a 1968 GT500 trunk mat? 

I have a black and white speckled mat that came with the car.  I also have a speckled mat with some brown from National Parts Depot.  Thanks

Coralsnake

Speckled Burtex is the most common....white black and grey

can you post photos?

RSOHC

Here is a photo showing both trunk mats.

Coralsnake

The bottom one is a way better choice. Not exactly true Burtex, but close. But, much better than the trash bag looking part)

The other one doesnt look close in my opinion

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 25, 2020, 08:16:40 PM
The bottom one is a way better choice. Not exactly true Burtex, but close.

The other one doesnt look close in my opinion
You can turn the top one upside down and use the white felt under your Christmas tree. ::)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: RSOHC on September 25, 2020, 04:03:17 PM

I have a black and white speckled mat that came with the car.  I also have a speckled mat with some brown from National Parts Depot.  Thanks
I have an original mat out of a 68 Shelby fastback I can shoot some pics of if you want some. i just got to get it out of my attic. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

RSOHC

What is a source for the correct style trunk mat?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: RSOHC on September 26, 2020, 01:45:43 PM
What is a source for the correct style trunk mat?
Your NPD example is the closest look in reproduction currently that I am aware of.. Originals are very rare to find in good condition let alone show condition and depending on condition can range from six hundred to several thousands of dollars. Depending on your expectations the good repro may work.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68blk500c

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 26, 2020, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: RSOHC on September 25, 2020, 04:03:17 PM

I have an original mat out of a 68 Shelby fastback I can shoot some pics of if you want some. i just got to get it out of my attic. Gary

PM sent.