News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

console arm rest advice

Started by hurlbird, September 27, 2020, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

Two things: I am missing the latch/clasp that locks the arm rest. Anyone know where I can get one and can I get a picture of what they look like? Also my seam has let go. Anyone recommend someone who is good at repairs/sewing these seems. Thanks! -John

TLea

Clips are unobtainium.  Probably need to buy whole console to get one

hurlbird

I have the clip not the stud. Like to see a picture of one I could machine it...

RSOHC

Here are photos of the stud and lad catch offered by Tony Branda.

Coralsnake

Just for edification, The Branda parts are not even close to the originals.

jguyer

Not sure how bad yours is, this was mine.

"Never trust a man that don't eat cornbread, or a woman that don't cook it"

jguyer

jguyer

We have a member of the Motor City Region who owns Tiger Shoe Repair in Birmingham, Michigan. He sewed mine.

hurlbird

thanks my tear is worse.. Any pictures of the stud side in the console would be appreciated. Thanks :)

gt350bp

Has anyone restored the felt like finish inside the console? I've seen some flocking kits in the hobby stores and might seem like a possible method? What was done from the factory?

Don
gt350bp

KDunne

Quote from: hurlbird on September 27, 2020, 05:08:47 PM
Two things: I am missing the latch/clasp that locks the arm rest. Anyone know where I can get one and can I get a picture of what they look like? Also my seam has let go. Anyone recommend someone who is good at repairs/sewing these seems. Thanks! -John

Bob Gaines

Quote from: gt350bp on September 28, 2020, 08:23:18 AM
Has anyone restored the felt like finish inside the console? I've seen some flocking kits in the hobby stores and might seem like a possible method? What was done from the factory?

Don
gt350bp
Flocking. The hobby store flocking kit is one viable alternative.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

nvr-enuf

Regarding the stud, on my console the stud looks to me like a carb linkage stud with a ball end, not tapered like the Branda.  I'm not saying mine is correct, all I know is that the clip is original and console is not a repo.  Previous owner could have swapped studs. I will post a picture, maybe someone can confirm if my stud is right

As far as the flocking goes, we just did ours.  Go to amazon and buy the flocking black material, the flocking tube applicator, and the black flocking glue.  If you are in Wisconsin, you can swing by and you can use my material.  I can flock from here to florida with all the flock I have.  it IS messy so don't be flocking in an area that you don't want this super fine material.  It is pretty cool when you get all done.  If you can keep your original console tray vs the repo out there I would do that, original is much better. They can be repaired with using pieces from a repo

I will try to post a pic of my stud tomorrow

nvr-enuf

Here's a pic of the stud that came out of mine - again, I don't know for sure if it is original

8T03S1425

Mine looks like the one shown in KDunne's post. The point on mine has a slightly smaller radius, but is not a sharp point. I'm not the original owner, yet I believe the stud in my car is original.

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.