News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

console arm rest advice

Started by hurlbird, September 27, 2020, 05:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supersnakeingrass

Quote from: 8T03S1425 on October 07, 2020, 11:51:00 PM
Mine looks like the one shown in KDunne's post. The point on mine has a slightly smaller radius, but is not a sharp point. I'm not the original owner, yet I believe the stud in my car is original.

Steve

Although I have sold my car.  I remember that the one that I had was the same as KDunne's post as well. I was not the original
owner but the console pad and outside components were for sure original .

SSIG.
1968 Shelby GT 350 Convertible #2651 - Sold to a good home.

nvr-enuf

QuickSilverShelby

Holy flock, that is beautiful.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

nvr-enuf

Thanks - my tray was really beat up. Large holes which held the screws, missing driver front top side extension, hole in rear by where the hinge is located

I purchased a supplier repo part, figured "it is much better looking than my original"

A forum expert said "fix the original"

Gorilla epoxy, fiberglass matting, body fill putty and with time the old tray looks pretty good for a newbie. 

BUT that repo tray came in handy for the repairs since it has grain, not exactly as original but better than no grain. 

If any one needs pieces to fix theirs, send me message. You can have free just pay for the ride

And thanks to the expert that steered me in the right decision

The original trays are much more rigid than the repos

TLea

Quote from: nvr-enuf on October 07, 2020, 08:42:52 PM
Here's a pic of the stud that came out of mine - again, I don't know for sure if it is original
Not