Author Topic: My 67 Shelby Tribute Build with plenty Hp 0-63 in 3.5 sec and 63-127 mph in 6.5  (Read 2799 times)

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Hello my friends as some were asking about my Shelby Tribute when we had the Corvette C8 Thread and I said that my Tribute is much cooler than the new C8 I will now release some more details

All original 67 Fastback Body no repairs/bondo
Engine is a 408 F4TE Windsor with some reinforcement, girdle, eagle parts
TKO600 Tranny with some upgrades like faceplated, stronger gears etc.
Blow Through Carb with a Paxton Novi 2000
MSD Programmable
Nodular 9 inch with 31 spline axles
Aeromotive Pump etc.
Electric Assist Power Steering with different modes
Rack/Pinion Steering
Baer 6 piston brake in front Cobra R in back
A lot of suspension parts etc. from Chris Alston with some mods on it

And believe it or not the small things, thinking over stuff 100 times before building it etc. thats what brought the most performance gains. I changed the cam 3 times, changed ignition parts, spark plugs, blow off valves and so on until I had 782 Hp at the rear wheels. This car was maybe my last high modification car on this way, because I like the day 2 mods or lets say small improvements with big results more.

But it was a great build and it kicked many so "special" Mustangs, Mopars etc. which were very expensive builds from german "us car shops" that are for sale here in europe out of the game, this Mustang is the fastest 65-70 Street Mustang here in Europe (with numberplates and TÜV) And for the 1/4 Mile I maybe have also the fastest Fastback in EU which is pretty close to what I would call a day2 drag car with an unmolested body.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:43:25 PM by Kent »
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Here are some more, oh and before I forget yes I sold the car some weeks ago. Mixed feelings about that because I really loved it but as I said I would like to do the next one more to original with some smaller modifications no one can see really. More working hours to build that all but should be fun.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jetīs and some nice Mustang Fastbackīs 67/68

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
More pics, and yes I like Fast and the Furious Movies  ;D

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
some more pics

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
The rest

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Some nice ones

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
That definitely is a badass.  Very cool.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:38:56 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbHC4fLHoik

If I have the time I will upload a video of it driving

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Impressive!

That driveshaft is a piece of art in and of itself.   8)

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
WOW  :o 8) :D
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Kent

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Yes the driveshaft is really cool I maybe will get the same one for my drag fastback when I start to build the 4 speed for it.

68GT350roadracer

• View Profile
Really nice build.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Love it !
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Das ist ein schoenes Auto.  It seems with all the pics posted that you are already missing it.

Alle beste,

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
   So your 1/4mi time was 10.0 and the speed was 127?
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.