News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

My 67 Shelby Tribute Build with plenty Hp 0-63 in 3.5 sec and 63-127 mph in 6.5

Started by Kent, September 30, 2020, 03:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

My 1/4 mile times were between 10.8-11.3 because our tracks here are plain airfields without any prep or rubber on it so you loose always at the start. I did the best runs on black asphalt some miles away from my home with a gps/gnss box which is extremely accurate and for road racing. The 100-200 km/h are easy to do everywhere but the 0-100 km/h are only possible on good black tar roads with heating the tires up with hard driving for 5 miles. I would say cold starts would be arround 4.0-4.3 sec because of the slipping tires. Its not a drag car more a race car for the roads. My drag fastback 68 is what I use for 1/4 mile etc.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

gt350hr

Thanks . I run the same ET range @ 122 mph so it's obvious ( and I know) I have less HP.
Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Kent

Yes Randy your cars are awesome and you are much longer in drag racing than I, as I said its a rod car not a drag car. It´s really impressive on the streets. How much hp do you have at the moment and is it a 4 speed?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Quote from: Kent on October 08, 2020, 03:24:33 AM
Yes Randy your cars are awesome and you are much longer in drag racing than I, as I said its a rod car not a drag car. It´s really impressive on the streets. How much hp do you have at the moment and is it a 4 speed?

Modern cars often mask how important driver skill is on getting down the strip fast.

To the casual observer, it looks easy. Nothing could be further than from the truth.

gt350hr

Quote from: Kent on October 08, 2020, 03:24:33 AM

Around 530 flywheel hp and a C4 auto , 5.29 gear , 3,200 lbs. Dedicated drag car , 10" slick and great track prep are the difference. "IF" I had 700@ the flywheel , I would go a second quicker. I am working on a 374" Boss 302 with that goal in mind. 9.99 "once" with this car is on my bucket list LOL. I want to have the fastest "stock body/chassis" naturally aspirated '66. No subframe connectors , wheel tubs , additional fiberglass .
   Randy

Kent

Randy you are doing exactly what I do with my 68 Fastback really 100% the same thats awesome we live 8000 km away I´m a "young" guy you are a racing legend and we have the same idea about our drag car.

Mine is a 68 as I said, now with a n/a 438 cui Aluminium Ford Racing Windsor build by ZSR Racing Engines it runs on normal german fuel from the gas station and makes 757 hp at the flywheel. First training runs were arround 10.2 now BUT on a unused airfield with no prep only some rubber in the afternoon on the track ;-)

My 68 is also stock body/chassis except the cage. And I have 2 sets of doors, trunk lid one in light one in original ;-)

I want to go from the powerglide to a 4 speed this winter, yes call me crazy but I love 4 speed so much also with drag racing.

Please post some pictures of your car here. I want to see it. I only have seen some racing pics long time ago.

Kent

Here is a pic the other ones I have are to large. This was with the old engine, some months ago. Maybe I find a video with the new engine I will post it.

gt350hr

Kent,
      Youtube my name and you'll see an interview and an old pass at Fontana drag strip. 11.3 on that pass .
    Randy