News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Rotting away in a field

Started by 68krrrr, September 30, 2020, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69mach351w

Quote from: deathsled on October 01, 2020, 01:08:17 PM
Funny commentaries about "I'm saving it for my grandson" and so on, but sadly, such owners actually say this stuff and believe themselves when they say it. There is no introspection, no self-appraisal.
Exactly. :o

honker

What deathsled says is true in so many instances, we all know those stories ! Near me there is a '67 Pontiac G.T.O. that has not

moved since 1973 when the owner was killed in prison. His brother is saving the car for for his son, who is into tuner cars and has

no interest ! I have some photos of the car, there are only a few trim parts worth saving, the rest of the car is toast, an example,

the panel below the rear window is like lace ! getting off topic, back to regular programming  ::)

rhjanes

Quote from: honker on October 01, 2020, 01:22:45 PM
What deathsled says is true in so many instances, we all know those stories ! Near me there is a '67 Pontiac G.T.O. that has not

moved since 1973 when the owner was killed in prison. His brother is saving the car for for his son, who is into tuner cars and has

no interest ! I have some photos of the car, there are only a few trim parts worth saving, the rest of the car is toast, an example,

the panel below the rear window is like lace ! getting off topic, back to regular programming  ::)

Sadly, a lot of cars were/are like that.

A buddy of mine, bought a US Army WWII Jeep way back around the late 1960's.  I'm not sure if he bought it in HS or when he got out of the Navy.  He drove it for some years but then wife, family all happened.  He never sold it.  It sat inside a garage and actually looked good.  But it would need everything, brakes, transmission rebuilt, rebuild the motor.  So when he retired (and it had been sitting for 20 years in the same spot), he decided "nope, I'll never fix it" and sold it.  When his then 30 year old son found out...."But DAD!  I wanted it!  I could have fixed it up".  My friend about fell over.  His son had NEVER shown any interest in the old Jeep, never got in it past his 7th birthday when he sat in it going "Vroommm  Vrooommm".  My buddy just told his 30 year old son, "well, you never said anything like that to me.  It's gone to a guy who is into these Jeeps and has already fixed up several"   
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Coralsnake

I'm leaning towards no AC and no tilt, which makes this a very early built car

I think if we knew AC, tilt and trans the number could be figured out.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

roddster

I am surprised that a few choice parts haven't got into the "midnight auto supply" market.

67 GT350

Can't be a Shelby, no console. lol
RARE  Signature Delete

68krrrr

Doesn't it look like a large clutch pedal in the interior pic, I don't see the little round stainless steel insert that it would have if it was a brake pedal
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

mr68shelby

The gauge cluster does not appear to have a tach.

V8Dave

:-\I dont know in the third picture posted i can see the 140mph speedometer with trip knob sticking through the lense face and the tachometer is next two it in the other large gauge cluster space.
If it was a stock 68 mustang gauge cluster i think that should be a fuel/alternator gauge. Maybe im wrong.

69mach351w