News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford's, Mustangs and Shelbys in foreign lands

Started by FL SAAC, March 21, 2018, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TransamEd

Quote from: Special Ed on March 25, 2018, 10:12:37 AM
We have both the 69 & 70 428  R-code cj verts here now from london area but we had to ship the 70 Bond car from norway ( thanks to john  b. here who lives in norway & has a 70  R-code pace car vert) but that car was exported to london when new for james bond director & painted red over the green with green interior & this car was loaded with all options including export package. The car was ordered july 69 but wasnt built till feb 70.

A pic from when it was for sale in 2008 when it was green.

TransamEd

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 25, 2018, 06:57:08 PM
representing france
Looks like the Bassam collection with the yellow one painted over by Camillo Pardo for their 2009 India Maharadj tour

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Special Ed

Thanks transamed for the  john bakke photo taken before we sent the car back to usa. We got 2 overseas car magazine storys about this car (cobra in london) & (shaken not stirren) written years ago & all the cars  london registrations & maintenance bills back to 1974 in maurice binders name (james bond stunt man) as harry saltzman (james bond producer) gave the car to the stuntman in 74. Steven (harrys son) saltzman confirmed this was his dads car & steven owns an exotic car co. in monoco. We dont know exactly what purpose this rare ci vert was used for only that it had a monroe suspension leveling system & microphone cord routed under the console & extra belt holes added on rear seat side panels & other odd features added. My guess being a fast convertible it may have been used for a camera car. The diamonds  are forever movie car was a 72 red mustang & this car was painted red over factory green so was it going to be the movie car but being a convertible not a safe stunt car but a early mustang vert was used in goldfinger movie i think or some purpose.

FL SAAC

did someone say red mustang....bond james, bond...

I have all UNGOLD cars

TransamEd

Following all these european Mustangs since 26 years with our network of club editor mates and many enthusiastic contributors in Europe... yes, we do have some "foreign" and even locally assembled Mustangs (VIN ANO...) over here, I guess around 5-6000 64-73 in total left or imported. The more interesting ones are certainly up north where they ended up during the oil crisis years, when others could not afford them anymore in the rest of Europe.

I happen to have the pics and articles from John from back then about the Saltzman CJ. Met John 3-4 times I think, last time in Charlotte at the 50th.

The 1971s Mustangs used in Diamonds are Forever were actually min. 5 cars, one 429 and 3 to 4 351 and one 302. The one that was in the UK Cars of the Stars collection is now in the Dezer Collection in FL. There are still some unsolved paperwork and VIN mysteries and claims around them. http://www.ponysite.de/pony/bond.htm

The early white Goldfinger Convertible is another mystery, one person claiming to have it, while other claim it is not and that it was wrecked. http://www.ponysite.de/goldfinger.htm

But  back to the topic... ;)

Special Ed

TransamEd when that picture was taken of the green cj vert it was missing the front bumper guards wheellip mouldings & black stripe hood 428 lettering & the wheel covers but it still has its original drivetrain & is straight rustfree & i have all missing  original parts now.  Do u or anybody else know anything about this cars history when it first went to Harry Saltzman exported in march 70. This car went straight to FOMOCO export literage NJ dock & was built late feb 70 but was ordered july 69 when the 70 first came out of which seems very odd & also car was changed to red from original green  early on then back to green later in its life & all the mouldings were removed when the color changed to red of which i find odd but car still has all its original all green interior & this loaded vert has 22 options the most i know of for a 70 mustang.

shelbydoug

Quote from: TransamEd on March 26, 2018, 04:07:06 PM

The early white Goldfinger Convertible is another mystery, one person claiming to have it, while other claim it is not and that it was wrecked. http://www.ponysite.de/goldfinger.htm

But  back to the topic... ;)

Did they find Tilli Somes' (Masterson) ice skates?

They bought those cars to blow them up. "You won't believe the wear and tear in the field?"
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

somewhere outside the usa

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 23, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
Back to our regular programming

Meanwhile back in Puerto Rico

Where is this Shelby now?  Is it still there?  Washed out to Sea from the Hurricanes?

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on March 29, 2018, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on March 23, 2018, 12:52:51 PM
Back to our regular programming

Meanwhile back in Puerto Rico

Where is this Shelby now?  Is it still there?  Washed out to Sea from the Hurricanes?

no sir alive and well

I have all UNGOLD cars

honker

Does Mexico qualify as a foreign land ? found this image a long time ago.

Mike

FL SAAC

Quote from: honker on March 30, 2018, 02:04:43 PM
Does Mexico qualify as a foreign land ? found this image a long time ago.

Mike

kool picture and yes it is not in the USA

I have all UNGOLD cars