Author Topic: Ford's, Mustangs and Shelbys in foreign lands  (Read 113496 times)

zray

• View Profile
Re: Ford's, Mustangs and Shelbys in foreign lands
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2018, 01:06:21 PM »
I've heard  those arguments all my life.  Those arguments didn't reflect my personal observations as a kid growing up with segregated schools in my Oklahoma hometown, and they still don't say anything different today.  The stars and bars to me is a racist symbol. And the people I know today that fly it  in Oklahoma and Texas are some of the most hardcore white supremacists out there.

Yes, it was  the battle flag for a failed government. And today it's rallying symbol today for people that haven't got the news that the war is over, and the south lost.

What this has to do with the topic of Shelby's in foreign lands, I really don't know.

Z

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2018, 01:11:01 PM »
Z
We totally agree with you this discussion does not belong in a Shelby forum.  We just replied to your remarks attached.
Adios and gracias.

Cool photo( don’t know about the”stars and bars”in background though)....

understand, but good or bad its American history

having lived and traveled in the South and Southwest USA most of my life, my observations of and conversations with the "stars and bars" crowd tell me that they are not trying to give a history lesson. But rather are voicing their desires to BRING BACK the days of Jim Crow at the least, and many openly are supportive of the slavery days.  Without getting too political, it's no secret to say that the current atmosphere has emboldened the white supremacy extremists to be more vocal and more visible.

Z
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2018, 01:18:13 PM »
moving right along with mustangs and shelbys in foreign land....what do you think of these black beauties...

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Tony,

If you are talking about the cars they appear to be Nightmist blue in the picture. And, what is up with the radio antennas? Just doesn't look right!

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2018, 02:00:30 PM »
Germany?(spelling of werk)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2018, 05:04:41 PM »
Tony,

If you are talking about the cars they appear to be Nightmist blue in the picture. And, what is up with the radio antennas? Just doesn't look right!

pardon a bit color blind, looked black. ah yes, the antennas a necessary evil in order to receive those tunes.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
Germany?(spelling of werk)

richtig, das stimnt....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2018, 11:43:04 PM »
ones gone to Switzerland # 161

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:38:45 PM by FL SAAC TONY »

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2018, 10:49:33 PM »
sweden 1980s

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2018, 07:51:44 AM »
somewhere in italia

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
Funny the Euros seem to like their cars to look like our 4 wheelers state side. They didn't get the memo that lowering  them 4-6 inches will enhance the performance car experience. :-[

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 11, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
Funny the Euros seem to like their cars to look like our 4 wheelers state side. They didn't get the memo that lowering  them 4-6 inches will enhance the performance car experience. :-[

gotcha but you got to consider that some of the roads over in europe are not as paved and smooth as we have here

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »

gotcha but you got to consider that some of the roads over in europe are not as paved and smooth as we have here
.        Yeah and on the Italian autostrada frequently(mostly) no guardrail in rural areas.So keep your wits about you or you may need the “lift” when you’re catapulted into some farmers field.... ::)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2018, 11:32:35 AM »
Trent
tanti auguri!

.        Yeah and on the Italian autostrada frequently(mostly) no guardrail in rural areas.So keep your wits about you or you may need the “lift” when you’re catapulted into some farmers field.... ::)

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

TransamEd

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2018, 05:02:48 PM »
... living on the bottom side of the earth disk, what did you expect? ??? ;)