News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ford's, Mustangs and Shelbys in foreign lands

Started by FL SAAC, March 21, 2018, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zray

I've heard  those arguments all my life.  Those arguments didn't reflect my personal observations as a kid growing up with segregated schools in my Oklahoma hometown, and they still don't say anything different today.  The stars and bars to me is a racist symbol. And the people I know today that fly it  in Oklahoma and Texas are some of the most hardcore white supremacists out there.

Yes, it was  the battle flag for a failed government. And today it's rallying symbol today for people that haven't got the news that the war is over, and the south lost.

What this has to do with the topic of Shelby's in foreign lands, I really don't know.

Z

FL SAAC

Z
We totally agree with you this discussion does not belong in a Shelby forum.  We just replied to your remarks attached.
Adios and gracias.

Quote from: zray on July 05, 2018, 09:09:52 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on June 25, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: 557 on June 25, 2018, 09:55:53 AM
Cool photo( don't know about the"stars and bars"in background though)....

understand, but good or bad its American history

having lived and traveled in the South and Southwest USA most of my life, my observations of and conversations with the "stars and bars" crowd tell me that they are not trying to give a history lesson. But rather are voicing their desires to BRING BACK the days of Jim Crow at the least, and many openly are supportive of the slavery days.  Without getting too political, it's no secret to say that the current atmosphere has emboldened the white supremacy extremists to be more vocal and more visible.

Z
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

moving right along with mustangs and shelbys in foreign land....what do you think of these black beauties...

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350cs

Tony,

If you are talking about the cars they appear to be Nightmist blue in the picture. And, what is up with the radio antennas? Just doesn't look right!

FL SAAC

Quote from: gt350cs on July 05, 2018, 01:52:42 PM
Tony,

If you are talking about the cars they appear to be Nightmist blue in the picture. And, what is up with the radio antennas? Just doesn't look right!

pardon a bit color blind, looked black. ah yes, the antennas a necessary evil in order to receive those tunes.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

ones gone to Switzerland # 161

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

427heaven

Funny the Euros seem to like their cars to look like our 4 wheelers state side. They didn't get the memo that lowering  them 4-6 inches will enhance the performance car experience. :-[

FL SAAC

Quote from: 427heaven on July 11, 2018, 09:39:18 AM
Funny the Euros seem to like their cars to look like our 4 wheelers state side. They didn't get the memo that lowering  them 4-6 inches will enhance the performance car experience. :-[

gotcha but you got to consider that some of the roads over in europe are not as paved and smooth as we have here

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on July 11, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

gotcha but you got to consider that some of the roads over in europe are not as paved and smooth as we have here
.        Yeah and on the Italian autostrada frequently(mostly) no guardrail in rural areas.So keep your wits about you or you may need the "lift" when you're catapulted into some farmers field.... ::)

FL SAAC

Trent
tanti auguri!

Quote from: 557 on July 11, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on July 11, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

.        Yeah and on the Italian autostrada frequently(mostly) no guardrail in rural areas.So keep your wits about you or you may need the "lift" when you're catapulted into some farmers field.... ::)

I have all UNGOLD cars

TransamEd

... living on the bottom side of the earth disk, what did you expect? ??? ;)