News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

One-owner Tiger story

Started by 2112, March 21, 2018, 09:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Hemmings this morning;

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/03/21/one-owner-1967-sunbeam-tiger-mk-ia-heads-to-auction-at-owls-head/?refer=news

errilee calls the Tiger Mk IA, "our first child," describing it as "...an original-owner car, British racing green, well cared for, always garaged, with mileage somewhere in the 70s." We presume that's in the 70,000s, which makes this a low-mileage example to boot. Tod's hope was that the car would go to another long-term owner, but given the price of Sunbeam Tigers these days, it isn't likely that a newly minted high school teacher will be bidding for the car. The New England Auto Auction has yet to publish a pre-auction estimate, but NADA Guides puts the price of a 1967 Mk IA Tiger between $62,200 (Average Retail) and $222,500 (High Retail), while Hagerty lists a #2 car at $95,500 and a #1 car at $132,000. Whoever earns the privilege of being the Tiger's next caretaker won't just be getting a classic British sports car – they'll be adding a new member to the family.

mark p

Tod's is a very nice car, but I think that the $222,500 "high retail" would be for a Mk 2(?).
It would be great for that scholarship if the car did bring that kinda cash though.

Thanks for posting.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Bigfoot

Don't know why Tigers bring anywhere near six figures...
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Doug C

Quote from: Bigfoot on March 21, 2018, 03:51:54 PM
Don't know why Tigers bring anywhere near six figures...

IMOP- Maybe because the Cobra's are bringing over 1million dollars.  When Cobras were less (a lot less) so were the Tigers.