News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Radiator Date Code

Started by ramrace, March 21, 2018, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramrace

If you car was received at Shelby American 6/65 and your radiator date code is 7/65, how many points deducted?
If it is stamped with M rather than G, how many points deducted?

Bigfoot

For starters. It might be that it differs depending on which class you are entering.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

J_Speegle

Will give this one a stab

Depends on the team, what class your entered in and judges.

Date codes are not "used" within the body of the judging rules - the individual sections such as radiator or distributor for example in the Concours class

Consider that it the radiator is the correct style (automatic or manual), straps are the same as the originals, core is like an original, finished correctly..... then anticipate a small percentage of the overall points in that section since your radiator would be only partially incorrect visually from original.

Have to leave room to reward the owner/builder that got it 100% correct
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: ramrace on March 21, 2018, 12:41:58 PM
If you car was received at Shelby American 6/65 and your radiator date code is 7/65, how many points deducted?
If it is stamped with M rather than G, how many points deducted?
To add my 2 cents ,the "M" vs the correct "G" is more relevant in most cases then the date. That is like having a incorrect paint mark , ink stamp on a radiator hose or starter etc. The correct one gets a pass or no mention but for the incorrect expect push back and or a deduction. The premier /DIV I, Thoroughbred ,Heritage Diamond venue class's expect the correct date code too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

ramrace

Looks like this will be my radiator.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: ramrace on March 23, 2018, 11:51:46 AM

Looks like this will be my radiator.
If only you could make the "F" go away.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kingchief

This would be better!

Steve
SFM 6S406